Fibre Channel using Qlogic 2460

• Hi,

I am a newbie here and just started to use the OpenMediaVault today. It's very polished and fast.
    I got a question. I have checked the HCL and found out that it does not support Qlogic 2460 cards. What can I do to use this card?

Thanks.

Regards.

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• sorry, i am not so good at linux. How can I type it in cli? I know roughly about wget but i don't know where to put them.
    Can you by chance help me in a step by step manner.
    Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Regards.

• You can access your OMV via SSH (commandline) with the help of PuTTY (if you're on windows) but you need to enable ssh in the webinterface first.
    Then just connect to your OMV via your IP/Hostname and your root credentials.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hi,

Have enabled everything and ready to go...
    Just how to proceed in cli?

the commands like where to get the file using wget....
    Please.....
    need some pointers...
    Regards.

• You can find all the files here:
    http://driverdownloads.qlogic.…gory=39&Product=934&Os=65
    I would think that you should use the Linux Superinstaller. You cannot grab the DL Links via wget, you have to download them, and transfer them to your OMV via WinSCP.

Then extract the package with

Code
    tar xfvz QLogic-Linux-SuperInstaller-20130318-5.tgz

After that you can make files executeable with

Code
    chmod u+x filename.xx

Pls have a look yourself which installer contains the drivers you need.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!