FIle System Disappears after creation

• Hi Guys

Just did a fresh install of OMV4 on my new server hardware.

Have 4x2TB WD Red and i have created a RAID10

When i go to file system to make one i press create, choose name and file system and all is well it starts making it.. when it gets to end it says DONE no errors come up.

I press the close button on the small popup screen and it shows in here still shows as initializing.. then after a few seconds it disappears completely.. i did a reboot didn't show so i tried again and the same happens... any suggestions please?

Thanks

Ryan

• Same here, but with an internal 64GiB SD card.

Logs here:

• have you tried to create the FS with gparted?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• have you tried to create the FS with gparted?

I did, but no success. I did a fresh install an it worked. Now all it's working fine.

Try a fresh install again

• Same issue here. I would hate to fresh install OMV everytime we run into a problem. Is this OMV issue or linux issue? Just curious.

I've a work around for this issue. I downloaded the GParted Live ISO and burned it to a CD. Used this software to format the DRIVE again and then restart OMV. Now it's recognizing my drive (show up under File System) and allow me to mount. I guess that means the format code from OMV is buggy.

https://gparted.org/download.php

Hope this helps others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!