[SOLVED] Remote Mount Plugin: How to mount an HDD that is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490

• Hi,

OMV 3.0.91 (Kernel Linux 4.13.13-sunxi 64) runs on an OrangePi Zero Plus, which is connected thru LAN directly to a Fritz!Box (FB) 7490. An external USB 3.0 HDD (NTFS) is attached to the FB. Fritz.NAS is configured properly and works fine, particularly access from Windows PCs. Serveral FB users do have read and write authorizations to the main share 'TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01' (the entire external HDD). The OMV user 'SonneOrangePi' exists within OMV and the OPI0+ and the FB. This user has everywhere the same password. Within OMV the user 'SonneOrangePi' is currently assigned to all user groups with all priviliges - at the moment, for testing.

Now, I'd like to configure the OMV Remote Mount plugin (test repo) to mount the FB HDD.

Mount Type: SMB/CIFS
    Name: FritzBoxFestplatte
    Server: 192.168.178.1
    Share: TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01
    Username: SonneOrangePi
    Password: ***
    Options: _netdev,iocharset=utf8

Unfortunately, this configuration doesn't work. Following error occurs:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/6503e140-ec6b-4f09-9728-aff451ccf77a' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=192.168.178.1,unc=\\192.168.178.1\TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01,iocharset=utf8,user=SonneOrangePi,pass=******** mount error(79): Can not access a needed shared library Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Fehler #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/6503e140-ec6b-4f09-9728-aff451ccf77a' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=192.168.178.1,unc=\\192.168.178.1\TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01,iocharset=utf8,user=SonneOrangePi,pass=********mount error(79): Can not access a needed shared libraryRefer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/remote.inc(427): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(72): OMV\System\Filesystem\Remote->mount()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusCt...', '/tmp/bgoutputpG...')#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#13 {main}

What changes are required for a proper configuration?

Thanks in advance for your support,
    Joe

OrangePi Zero Plus (using the ext. 1 TB HDD that is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490); Pioneer VSX-S520D + BDP-X300; Quadral Tornado; Panasonic Viera TX-L42V20E; Intel NUC 5i5RYH (Win. 10 Pro 64); TT-connect CT-3650 CI; Archgon Panasonic UJ-272; DVBViewer Pro+Mediaserver; Kodi; Pulse 8 CEC HDMI; Logitech LR Keyboard K830

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Joe_PS ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

mount error(79): Can not access a needed shared libraryRefer to the mount.cifs

This message says most of what you need. What is the output of: grep -i nls_utf8 /boot/config*

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• grep -i nls_utf8 /boot/config*

root@sonneorangepi:~# grep -i nls_utf8 /boot/config*
    # CONFIG_NLS_UTF8 is not set

Sorry, as a newbie I haven't got, where the needed shared library can't be accessed (or is missing)? On the OPI0+ side, or on the Fritz!Box side? And: what to do next, please?
    Thanks, Joe

OrangePi Zero Plus (using the ext. 1 TB HDD that is connected to a Fritz!Box 7490); Pioneer VSX-S520D + BDP-X300; Quadral Tornado; Panasonic Viera TX-L42V20E; Intel NUC 5i5RYH (Win. 10 Pro 64); TT-connect CT-3650 CI; Archgon Panasonic UJ-272; DVBViewer Pro+Mediaserver; Kodi; Pulse 8 CEC HDMI; Logitech LR Keyboard K830

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, as a newbie I haven't got, where the needed shared library can't be accessed (or is missing)? On the OPI0+ side, or on the Fritz!Box side? And: what to do next, please?

Your fritzbox shares have utf8 enabled. Therefore, your orange pi needs the utf8 module to mount those shares. Since it does not have that module enable, there really is no way to mount it without changing the kernel. Are you using one of the OMV images? Why not move the drive to the OMV box?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Are you using one of the OMV images?

Yes, I installed OMV_3_0_91_Orangepizeroplus_4.13.13.img.xz. Is it possible to install only the missing nls_utf8.ko module?

I do have an OrangePi Zero Plus, which has only one classical USB Port that is already used to attach an older external USB 2.0 HDD (Western Digital). My idea has been to mount also the Toshiba-HDD remotely, which is attached to the Fritz!Box (and should be connected to it), because data transfer and miniDLNA (particularly for FLAC files) is much more convenient and faster on the OPI0+ OMV combination than the built-in Fritz!NAS.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Joe_PS () aus folgendem Grund: Typo

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to install only the missing nls_utf8.ko module?

You need to compile a new kernel or ask armbian to include it in the default config. I don't have any armhf boxes powered up at the moment but I am guessing it isn't just an orange pi issue.

• ask armbian to include it in the default config

The armbian experts included the relevant module, which I've got via apt-get upgrade (Armbian 5.3.8, Linux 8 jessie 4.14.15-sunxi64).

Now, a different error occurs, which is confusing for me: "mount error(112): Host is down"

In contrast to the error message, the host is definitely up and running. The "SonneMediaserver" is also up and running.

What should I do to for further investigation?

Thanks in advance, Joe

Fehler #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/60448ae7-005a-473c-8c70-2d59cb64b2f8' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=192.168.178.1,unc=\\192.168.178.1\TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01,iocharset=utf8,user=SonneOrangePi,pass=********mount error(112): Host is downRefer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/remote.inc(427): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(72): OMV\System\Filesystem\Remote->mount()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus9n...', '/tmp/bgoutputVk...')#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#13 {main}

• UPDATE

I used the root share folder within the Remote Mount settings (Share: Sonne; instead of TOSHIBA-ExternalUSB3-0-01). Additionally, I included also the option 'vers=1.0' (Options: _netdev,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0).

This works.

• Hello! I have the same problem now with 4.1.17 kernel of ARMBIAN 5.70 compiled by OMV OMV_4_Orange_Pi_Zero_Plus.img.xz from here. It seems that the OMV team did not include the nls_utf8.ko module in the assembly?
    The output of: grep -i nls_utf8 /boot/config* is
    Who can I ask to include this module in the next build?
    Thank you!
    Denis

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems that the OMV team did not include the nls_utf8.ko module in the assembly?
    The output of: grep -i nls_utf8 /boot/config* is
    Who can I ask to include this module in the next build?

The OMV "team" (just tkaiser) uses the armbian build scripts to build the OMV images. So, if the module isn't enabled, then armbian isn't enabling it for this board. So, you would need to ask on the armbian forum for that module to be enabled. As for a next build, I have no idea if or when he would build these.

• I can't Mount any of my Dlink's 320L, not so familiar with linux so. Is because of a syntax error, or what?. Thx in advance.

Screenshot_1

Screenshot_2

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount '/srv/cd158a0d-0202-45ee-8436-56a8f748bcc5' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount error(112): Host is down Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

My Plex Setup.

Hp x510 (MOD) - OMV - 120Gb SSD SYS + 4TB ZFS,
    3X D-LINK NAS 320L - 4TB Each,
    2X WD Live 3TB,
    4X 2TB EXT. HDD CASES,
    FX8350 32GB 1080Ti 16TB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lupeno ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!