Suggestions and comments for a smal / simple NAS using Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE

• Hi,

A newbie here.. some simple questions iv'e tried to find out, with limit google success.

Target hardware:
    I thinking of using Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE for a smal NAS. Adding a 2.5" HDD or SSD and 4GB of ram, and using the onboard 4GB "disk" for OS..
    (I hope to be able to "rackmount" the Intel NUC somehow.. any suggestions on the rackmount solution for that NUC is welcome but outside topic. )

The purpose is replacing the "NAS" that is included in Shibby Tomato router firmware. So very simple usage, performance, demands, except for dataloss. If it fails during a write is okay, but "cant have" loss of old data. Though one always like performance when I use it ^^ .

Questions:
    - Does OMV support storage levels like SSD as primary storage and USB as "cold" storage? Easy?
    - Does OMV support USB-backup easily, or can I use two units as master/slave?

Any other comments is welcome :)

Newbie on OMV... not so new on hardware/software in general, started on the "14.400 bps"-era. Windows-guy, eger to learn more linux.
    - pfSense and OMV is my next thing for small office usage.

• Offizieller Beitrag

- Does OMV support USB-backup easily, or can I use two units as master/slave?

For USB backup there is an usb-backup plugin. Data are synchronized when you plugin the drive.

Two units can backup data to each other using the remotemount plugin or using rsync.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!