Docker plugin IP

• There is something I don't undestand in Docker plugin: my network is 192.168.1.0/24 but the plugin works on 172.17.0.0/16. I'm running qbittorrent conteiner which IP (verified with ifconfig comand) is 172.17.0.2. The ping on the external world is positive. So I added a second IP on my Windows PC: 172.17.0.10, but browsing http://192.17.0.2:8080 I don't reach bittorrent GUI.
    Can someone realise what I'm doing wrong & help me, please?
    Thanks in advance

• There is a great guide for using Docker here: OpenMediaVault Docker-GUI Plugin Usage [ x86_64 Arch only]

In your case it looks like you are using bridged mode networking. This works by giving each container it's private IP (172.17.0.X) which is not reachable from outside of docker. However you can use port forwarding to access the contanier (check the guide for how to configure this). When done you would be able to access the container via the IP of your host machine like 192.168.1.XXX:8080 or whichever port you forward.

• There is something I don't undestand in Docker plugin: my network is 192.168.1.0/24 but the plugin works on 172.17.0.0/16. I'm running qbittorrent conteiner which IP (verified with ifconfig comand) is 172.17.0.2. The ping on the external world is positive. So I added a second IP on my Windows PC: 172.17.0.10, but browsing http://192.17.0.2:8080 I don't reach bittorrent GUI.
    Can someone realise what I'm doing wrong & help me, please?
    Thanks in advance

Have you read the documentation for the docker you are using?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• dear know-it-all gderf,
    in my life I am a 57 years old criminal and bankruptcy lawyer, dealing every day with critical human situation and getting on my shoulders the responsability of avoiding people to go to jail. I'm a 30 years experienced professional, with no spots on my curriculum.
    Computers are my hobby: I build them, buying CPUs, MoBos, HDs, Fans, Cases and so on and play with screwdrivers and thermal pastes. Unmouning a late 2009/mid 2010 Macbook and sell it in pieces on Ebay instead of trowing it away gives me the same satisfaction of a criminal absolution. I programmed my pfSense firewall, my 3CX PBX and my OMV Nases: all within my EXSi vsphere.
    I did all that in my spare time, without having read 1 BOOK COMPLITELY, and I'm aware that I have several and important theoric deficencies (in the latin sens of "deficio", that means "to miss something").
    All I do is try, try and try againg, till I get the result. Is the only way I know...
    Is that a professional approach? FOR SURE NOT, but at least I'm NOT a professional, so it OK like that.
    So when you ask me with your SUPERIOR tone if a read the documentation, treating me like a stupid, my answer is: YES, I read the docker official documentation until I ... got lost, and I did what I usually do: try, try, try, till a find a kind angel like nicjo814 who helped me to reach the target.
    So next time, let me suggest you that, instead of wasting your precious smart aleck time in answering to a questione WITH ANOTHER QUESTION, keep on doing what you are doing, and lease an ignorant like me alone!!!
    Adios, amigo!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!