Problem with Shared folder - NTFS

• Hi!

First Im a newbie to OMV , but so far it has been a fun project.

Now though i have problem which i can't figure out.

I have a 4 TB Seagate External Harddrive formated NTFS and i want to share that with a SMB share. I mounted the drive and go into Share Folders and try to add a new share, but when i try to choose a device.. Nothing is popping up?

I have tried to take it out and Chkdsk /f on my Windows computer and rebooted twice, and safely removed it with Windows. Still nothing.

Can you guys help me? im getting kinda frustrated with this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I’ve seen some problems lately with ntfs here in the forum lately. What version of Omv is this?

did you mount the drive using the webui?

Also by any chance you have a desktop environment installed ?

• So this morning when i started my Raspberry pi 3 up there was no way i could connect to OMV no matter what i did.

So i tried to reflash the IMG file with Etcher this time (Did it with Rufus before)

Used omv-update and let it update.

After it was done i logged in and changed the password and all that.
    then i was meet with a error message "Failed to execute XPath query '//services/afp'." (Is that something wrong?)

Then i tried to mount my hard drive in file system and then this error message pop'ed up

"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sda2' 2>&1' with exit code '13': $MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 32). Failed to mount '/dev/sda2': Input/output error NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g. /dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation for more details."

Can't understand why it says that.

But to you answer your questions:

1. Version - with dpkg -l | grep openmediavault command = 3.0.96

2. Yes i mounted it with webui and there was the error above.

3. I have not a desktop environment installed as im aware of? i use the CLI

I hope you can help me sir.

• Okay i figured it out. I'll write exactly what i did (Maybe some of the things is not necessary but i will write it step by step what I DID)

1. I reformatted my SD card and reflashed OMV_3_0_88_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.41.img with Etcher
    2. I inserted the card in my Raspberry pi 3 and let it finish installation
    3. Wrote apt upgrade and wait for finish
    4. wrote apt-get install ntfs.3g (just to be sure)
    5. Then i go into Omv interface on the net, and now the error message was gone ""Failed to execute XPath query '//services/afp'.""
    6. All this time my hard drive was not plugged in and i did now plug it in.
    7. Go into File Systems and now press mount and i didn't get a error this time.

I couldn't pick my Hard drive in Shared folders though (Not Visible at all) so i Googled alittle and found this command..

omv-confdbadm read conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint

After i wrote this in CLI i Dismounted my drive and remounted it (In WEBUI) and now it's visible in my Shared folders!!!

I hope this can help others.

BTW if you can't mount your drive and it gives that long Error "Failed to execute command....." try use this command:

ntfsfix /dev/xxx

Where xxx is your device (You can find it with fdisk -l)

Then you should be enable you mount your drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!