Install Deluge and Sonarr manually or with docker?

• What's the problem with root as owener? I left root because it was the default one.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Sorry, I can't help you any further. Your configurations are just too much unlike mine in every area that seems to matter.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Since it seems that OMV4 can't change permission.
    There is some way to set for all files and subfolder that everyone can do anything, even change permission?
    That way when I'll use OMV4 I should then be able to correct every permission.

Not sure if something like this can work..

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Otherwhise how should give DockerUser RW permission on Torrent folder using command line? I want to try if it's working, maybe it's a bug with OMV 4

• I booted from OMV 4 and tryied to the same command:

Code
    root@delibird:/media/RAID1# ls -al Torrent/
    total 6753072
    drwxrwsr-x+ 11 DockerUser users      12288 Feb  5 00:54 .
    drwxrwsr-x+ 21 root       root        4096 Jan 23 19:08 ..
    drwxrwsr-x+  2 DockerUser users       4096 Jan 28 08:53 [[Incompleti]]

If I'm reading it right DockerUser should have every type of permission right?

• hi,
    not sure i understand all this topic, but i have a similar question:

if i use only OMV for filesharing on my home network, and i want to try deluge or rtorrent. Why do i need Docker ?

On OMV webgui, i install OMV-extras and as quick as possible i can see Deluge. So i run Deluge install and then, i see daemon-deluge as user.
    After that, i wanted to read a single tutorial and i found this topic.

Now i am confused. I read a lot of ssh command on the 1st link/1st page of this topic, and i don't understand why i have to do this on OMV, because since i use OMV, i is very rare to use ssh command.

every where on google and forum, i see "using docker..." is it mandatory ?

thanks.

edit: i am in OMV 4.x section, sorry. After installing OMV4.0 on new homemade NAS, i decided to reset and go back to 3.0.94 and then .98, because, some errors occur on omv-extras. with 3.0.xx, all my NAS have same version. And no error during OMV-extras installation

• It's not mandatory. Plugins have to be maintained by a developer. Some of the developers that created the plugins don't have time to keep them updated or fix bugs. This is a small community.

Docker has a larger community of developers behind it, so there are more options for the applications you need, and they tend to be updated without OMV users having to report bugs. Also, each Docker container is run independent of the underlying OS, meaning that it's easy to remove a container that's broken without disturbing anything else. You can also run multiple instances of the same application in a way that's much simpler than if you were using the plugin or a manual installation.

• It's not mandatory. Plugins have to be maintained by a developer. Some of the developers that created the plugins don't have time to keep them updated or fix bugs. This is a small community.

Docker has a larger community of developers behind it, so there are more options for the applications you need, and they tend to be updated without OMV users having to report bugs. Also, each Docker container is run independent of the underlying OS, meaning that it's easy to remove a container that's broken without disturbing anything else. You can also run multiple instances of the same application in a way that's much simpler than if you were using the plugin or a manual installation.

thanks flvinny521, i understand.

I read your big topic and i was in trouble in a few steps... maybe I was not focused enough to understand.
    You wrote about each container a single tutorial, but nothing about docker itselft...
    i created a special "dockerperson" and no where i can find where i can use it on docker plugin gui, except in container 'when i click on run button'.
    maybe i have to set some shared folders...
    i run docker, i run a rtorrent container, and i had some troubles. my .rtorrent.rc was not in .config/rtorrent, but in shared folder. i can not say if i have to add rights for "dockerperson" or not.
    in OMV 3.0.98, and OMV-extras, i have Docker and Docker CE (and on Docker CE, it is displayed that it replaces old docker repository... so i'm confused). Docker CE alone, does not work. nothing runs. Docker after a full restart, runs.
    it is my 1st time to use docker, and it is not easy for me.
    All OMV parts work fine, i have a few OMV nas. and on this one, it is a new install, i can install and reinstall till it works ^^

i think i will retry a clean install of one of container to see.

sorry if it is not clear, or my brain is upside down ^^

my 1st question, before installing Docker: do i need to prepare a special user, a volume or a shared folder, 'referenced=yes/no ?" ?

(i have 1 SSD for OS, and 1 Volume prepared with raid hw card, and actually 2 specific shared folders on raid (hw) volume with samba and ftp, one user samba and ftp, and 1 folder "backup" for OMV-OS-SSD backup, no samba/ftp, so it is not referenced.

• i created a special "dockerperson" and no where i can find where i can use it on docker plugin gui, except in container 'when i click on run button'.
    maybe i have to set some shared folders...

Once your dockerperson is created, you can add it to unix docker group. This dockerperson will have a UID and a GID (in terminal: id dockerperson). UID and GID are often used in environment variables when you launch your container. When you create a folder for your container, you can change the rights like this : sudo chown -R dockerperson:docker yourfolder/
    You can share this folder if you want...

i run docker, i run a rtorrent container, and i had some troubles. my .rtorrent.rc was not in .config/rtorrent, but in shared folder. i can not say if i have to add rights for "dockerperson" or not.

I don't understand, so I will give you an example: I want to use Deluge in docker. I create deluge folder (and config and downloads subfolder) where I want in my OMV host (I can choose to share this folder or not).
    I change rights like this:

Bash
    sudo chown -R dockerperson:docker deluge/

Now, you have to add bind mounts to tell your docker container that your "downloads" folder in your container will be mapped to your deluge folder created previously in OMV.
    Same thing for config directory.

in OMV 3.0.98, and OMV-extras, i have Docker and Docker CE (and on Docker CE, it is displayed that it replaces old docker repository... so i'm confused). Docker CE alone, does not work. nothing runs. Docker after a full restart, runs.

Personnaly, I only use Docker CE. I think you should have a conflict because you cannot use 2 docker instance in the same host (without VM's)

my 1st question, before installing Docker: do i need to prepare a special user, a volume or a shared folder, 'referenced=yes/no ?" ?

You don't need a special user but it is better to have one.
    Volumes are not mandatory for you but bind mounts YES. You have to tell docker that a directory in your container is mapped to a directory in your omv host. For example if you map /srv/disk1/deluge/downloads (host path) in your host to /downloads (container path) in your container, when you setup deluge download directory in the deluge UI, you have to put /downloads and not host path. When you want to access to your downloads directory, you have to go to host path. If you are in SSH in your container, your download directory is /downloads (container path).
    Referenced yes/no : This option has nothing to do with docker. If you choose to access your download in smb/ssh, etc so yes, you can share your docker folder.

• Thanks RPman for your explanations.

With previous ones and yours, i should be able to install correctly.

Now, i undestand differences between "/srv/disk1/deluge/downloads " (for root ou user who declares/manages docker) and "/downloads (inside a docker container, path). in this case, inside a container, the user sees only its download folder, for example, not the complete path in host (=separation)

• in this case, inside a container, the user sees only its download folder, for example, not the complete path in host (=separation)

Yes, because when you delete a container all data are lost. That's why, docker created volumes and bind mounts :) Now, you can delete a container ( or recreate), your data will still be here in your host path.
    When you setup your app (with deluge UI for example) you always use container path.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!