[Raid5] Replacing failed Disk with bigger one

• Hey guys,

I just replaced a failed raid5-disk with a bigger one. The problem is now, that I can't change the capicity of the raid5 to the amount of space I just added.

I Hope that you guys can help me.

Also: What is the best way to make a backup from OMV? In Freenas that had an option to download the settings-file.

• So let me say you had three 1TB Drives in the beginning and now replaced one of these drives with a 2TB Drive? This won't get you more space because the space of a Raid5/6 is limited on the amount of space on the smallest Drive.
    So you're still limited to say 2TB in this scenario.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Sure, but i don't think somebody would do that. Especially not with a software raid and even slower rebuild then a hardware one.
    Besides, does the Linux software raid supports OCE?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• das würde bedeuten, daß wenn ich meine alten 2 tb platten im raid langsam gegen 4 tb platten austausche. mit der letzten platte, dann die volle Kapazität der 4 tb hätte ohne Datenverlust??

HP-Proliant Microserver Gen8 | omv = always latest | 64 bit | 1x3TB ,3x4TB , 1x500GB HDD for Boot | omvextrasorg = latest | HP P212| Plugins = NUT, HWRaid, luksencryption OMV extras

• Wenn du dir diesen Aufwand machen möchtest, (denk daran dass du jedesmal bei einem Plattenwechsel ein Rebuild machen musst), dann kannst du dies so tun. Ich würde es aber nicht unbedingt empfehlen, da mehrfach das Risiko besteht dass du bei einem Raid5 ohne Parität arbeitest und bei einem Ausfall einer zweiten Platte dann großes Risiko besteht dass das Array kaputt geht.
    Solltest du es aber trotzdem machen musst du daran denken hinterher das Dateisystem noch wachsen zu lassen.

Dann steht dir auch der neue Speicher zur Verfügung.

Gruß
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!