Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f42071e46a8> when updating

• I have freshly installed OMV 4 on a fresh Debian Stretch 9.3.0. However, most of the times I install or update a package I receive an error about a Python exception at the end of the apt procedure. I'm not sure it actually creates problems for the workings of the system, but I'd like to correct this message if possible.

Edit: I see that's it a bug in the python version. I tried the manual fix as mentioned in that thread, but it also says in the thread that it didn't help anymore for newer versions. Let's hope it works for me.

Code
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f42071e46a8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f42071e46a8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
  • I have the same issue after upgrading from OMV 3 to OMV4.

When I execute
    apt-get update

I recieve the same message at the bottom of the command.

On my system are now two python version installed:

Code
    # python3.5 -V
    Python 3.5.3
    # python -V
    Python 2.7.13

Does anybody know if it is safe to remove python 2.7.13 and point the python command to the python3.5 executable? Does OMV4 need python?

• +1 - Same error when running apt-get update... unsure if it has a negative impact

OMV: 4.1.19-1
    HW: Athlon 200GE / Gigabyte Aorus M (B450) / 16 GB RAM
    Boot Drive: Kingston 240GB nVME
    Data Drives: 3 HDD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!