How to fix fuse "ntfs-3g: transport endpoint not connected" error?

• Hello everyone,

I'm writing here because I do not know what to do anymore.
    I've read through various forums, blogs, tutorials and how-to's about how to configure various packages for auto-mounting and auto-unmounting USB devices (hot-plugging and hot-unplugging.)

Methods I've tried so far:
    1. AutoFS
    2. usbmount
    3. /etc/fstab systemd automount
    4. udev rules, in fact, all of this

I've configured each method accordingly, and with every method I'm running into the same problem.
    Now I un-did all the above methods and decided I will got with usbmount. I've edited the configuration file according to this thread.
    When mounted, the mount point looks like this:

When I try to access the mounted partition on usb or usb0, I'm getting the following error message:

I've read here, here and here that it is / was a fuse issue - but I still got the issue with any NTFS drive. I have fuse 2.8.3 installed.

Do I have to update some packages? If yes, how?

Thanks for any help!

- Noneatme

Your's Sincerely

My NAS: OVM 3.x, 2x 3TB WD Red | Daily backup using rsync | Runing 24/7 for 3 years now without any failures :)

• Post the contents of your /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf file.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• /Edit:
    The USB Drive I want to mount:

Code
    Disk /dev/sdd: 58.9 GiB, 63216549888 bytes, 123469824 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: dos
    Disk identifier: 0x00c558b0

Device     Boot Start       End   Sectors  Size Id Type
    /dev/sdd1  *     2048 123469823 123467776 58.9G  7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Also a side note:
    I can use fusermount -u usb0 to fix the broken mount point. But then, the mount point is gone. E.g. endless symlink referring usb0 => usb0

Your's Sincerely

My NAS: OVM 3.x, 2x 3TB WD Red | Daily backup using rsync | Runing 24/7 for 3 years now without any failures :)

• I use:

FS_MOUNTOPTIONS=""

And it works well for me. Try changing that.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I've tried as you suggested, but the same error message occurs. That doesn't surprised me, because I think I've tried that already some days ago. Yes, I'm trying to figure out this error since 2 DAYS ALREADY and I'm really upset.
    I believe something is preventing the mounting of the device to that mountpoint. I don't know if omv is doing something in the background when plugging the device in, maybe ghost-mounting or something? I don't know.
    I don't know where to start and I don't know where to look because I have absolutely no idea what might causes this issue. I've tried almost everything! Using custom udev rules, mounting with read-only, mounting with different options.

It works when I mount the device by hand using $ mount /dev/sdc1 /media/usb1.
    So I really don't know what the hell these packages and automount tools (e.g. usbmount) are doing is doing in order to screw the mountpoint up that much.

Your's Sincerely

• Is there actually a usbmount supported filesystem on the USB drive you are trying to mount? Other than that I have no ideas.

--

• Well usbmount works by invoking the mount command with the proper filesystem. I can mount ntfs on my own, so see no reason why it shouldn't work.
    But thanks for your help.

Your's Sincerely

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!