sFTP shares

• Hi , there is something I don't understand with the sFTP plugin:

I defined a shared folder "XXXX" for a given user
    when this user connects to my OMV through sFTP, he can see:
    directory "dev"
    directory "XXXX" : the one I expected him to see
    directory "YYYY"

where "dev" and "YYYY" access come from?

even if it could be really interesting to have multi shared folder access through sFTP for a given user, but here, I did not chose it and dont know how to set the plugin
    any ideas?
    thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to make sure, are you referring to the sftp plugin from omv-extras or the ftp plugin included with OMV?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. did you add your user to the sftp-access group? On the Access List tab, you can add the same user more than once to give them access to more than one shared folder. If you don't add the user to the sftp-access group, they can see anything on the system they have access to.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• OK, thanks, yes the user is in sftp_access group...
    I've tried to understand how the plugin works...if I am not wrong, it mounts the shared folder in the /sftp/user/ folder
    my multiple access feature seems to be related to the fact that, after changing the shared folder from XXXX to YYYY, YYYY is mounted in /sft/user/YYYY
    but XXXX is not unmounted, and so , still reachable through sftp....

not sure it is a normal behaviour....

by the way, your tip to add the same user several times could be usefull! thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

my multiple access feature seems to be related to the fact that, after changing the shared folder from XXXX to YYYY, YYYY is mounted in /sft/user/YYYY
    but XXXX is not unmounted, and so , still reachable through sftp....

Changing shared folder names is always a tricky thing to deal with when other mount points are involved. Generally rebooting is the best thing to do to fix things.

• Changing shared folder names is always a tricky thing to deal with when other mount points are involved. Generally rebooting is the best thing to do to fix things.

Yes I suppose reboot should unmount ghost shares..
    But now that I know that I can define several shares for the same user, I'm happy with this plug-in ;)

Envoyé de mon Redmi 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!