xfce desktop via teamviewer ??

• Hi,

Sorry for digging up that old thread, but I want to do exactly the same: access to XFCE desktop via Teamviewer. I installed and configured Teamviewer 15 within the XFCE remote desktop (didn't use the teamviewer plug in), it now see the NAS in my devices, and when I access it, I land on a terminal. I wish I would land on the XFCE desktop. Is it possible ?

Thanks for your help ;)

OMV 4 NAS: FRACTAL DESIGN CORE 500 CASE / ASROCK AM1H-ITX MB / AMD ATHLON 5350 CP/ 2x2GB DDR3 / 64 GB SSD / 5 TB SEAGATE HDD

• Hi!
    Try to install TeamViwer HOST within XFCE. Just had it done with TV 13.2 for Debian amd64. Despite TeamViwer's GUI never showed up in XFCE, it worked after using teamviewer info for ID and teamviewer passwd xxxxxxxxxx to add password.

• I think that's what I had tried. I never managed to access to anything but a terminal through teamviewer.

I now have installed a full debian, with openmediavault on top of it.

OMV 4 NAS: FRACTAL DESIGN CORE 500 CASE / ASROCK AM1H-ITX MB / AMD ATHLON 5350 CP/ 2x2GB DDR3 / 64 GB SSD / 5 TB SEAGATE HDD

• I needed a GUI to do some tasks that are way too long over CLI. When I was on OMV 4, it was easy to just install the remote desktop plugin. However now on OMV 5, there is no such plugin.

This is what worked for me to have access to a GUI again (I'm using a Windows machine for this, wouldn't know how to do it from Mac, sorry):

• Open Putty (or whatever you use to access the console)
    • Type tasksel
    • Select Xfce
    • Press TAB once to Ok and press ENTER
    • Wait for it to fully install (once it's finished you'll be taken to back CLI)
    • Type apt install xrdp xorgxrdp
    • Once it's finished, you may close the CLI
    • Open RDP (Remote Desktop) in Windows
    • Type in the IP address to your OMV server

All you need to do after it connects is enter root as a username and your root password, and now you have a GUI to do whatever you need in there.

• Tks bro!

Works perfectly!

I needed a GUI to do some tasks that are way too long over CLI. When I was on OMV 4, it was easy to just install the remote desktop plugin. However now on OMV 5, there is no such plugin.

This is what worked for me to have access to a GUI again (I'm using a Windows machine for this, wouldn't know how to do it from Mac, sorry):

• Open Putty (or whatever you use to access the console)
    • Type tasksel
    • Select Xfce
    • Press TAB once to Ok and press ENTER
    • Wait for it to fully install (once it's finished you'll be taken to back CLI)
    • Type apt install xrdp xorgxrdp
    • Once it's finished, you may close the CLI
    • Open RDP (Remote Desktop) in Windows
    • Type in the IP address to your OMV server

All you need to do after it connects is enter root as a username and your root password, and now you have a GUI to do whatever you need in there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!