NodeJS app on OMV server

• Right, so, I hope the forum doesn't go down this time :D

I've been trying to host a NodeJS server app on my local OMV server. I thought that a simple way to do that would be by editing the openmediavault-webgui config for nginx (under sites-available), to allow a pass-through for the app. I thought that would allow me to have OMV reachable under server_IP and the app under server_IP/app_name.
    So I did that. Here's how it looks now (with comments on what I've changed): https://paste.ngx.cc/a8
    But it doesn't work. With that config I can access neither OMV web panel (all I get when going to the server's IP is a 404), neither my NodeJS app.
    I'm not sure what else to try – any help would be appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would seriously considering running node.js apps in a docker.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I would seriously considering running node.js apps in a docker.

Sorry to bring that thread back up, but I would like to know if you still agree with your own statement.
    I would be glad if you can argue and develop your ground of thinking about this.
    Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would like to know if you still agree with your own statement.

Why wouldn't I?

I would be glad if you can argue and develop your ground of thinking about this.

Not sure what you are looking for but anytime you need to change settings with OMV's nginx instance, I would say it would be better to run the app in a docker.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why wouldn't I?

Not sure what you are looking for but anytime you need to change settings with OMV's nginx instance, I would say it would be better to run the app in a docker.

Sometimes people change their mind... technologies evolve in one year.

There is no built-in web file explorer in OMV, so I am evaluating which one would be good for me.
    Cloud commander is interesting option, hence my question.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!