urbackup update is available

• Offizieller Beitrag

It was released yesterday... Did you test it?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you, I just updated to 2.2.8 and so far all looks smooth. Waiting for the next scheduled jobs though.

I tested the amd64 version on my test VM before I uploaded. So, I think it should be ok.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

This update is showing for OMV 3.x too- I'm assuming that's an error as I thought updates to the 3.x plugin were stopped now...?

Who said that? I stopped adding features to plugins but didn't say I won't update anything on OMV 3.x. I also didn't update the plugin. I updated the urbackup-server package.

• Please share how you updated. The latest version is 2.2.11 and I am hoping to consolidate my separate backup server to my ESXI machine. I may choose a straight debian install with urbackup due to the omv plugin not being updated very frequently.

ryecoaaron:
    Hey,
    I updated today in the evening my OMV machine with the new urbackup server, all successfully runs!
    Many thanks and best regards!

• Offizieller Beitrag

due to the omv plugin not being updated very frequently.

The plugin doesn't need to be updated. The urbackup package itself *could* be updated more frequently. Are you running into problems not having the the bleeding edge version? You will have the same problem running straight Debian - you will have to check for updates all the time, download manually and install with dpkg. If there is an important bugfix, someone could just ping me to let me know there is a new version (and hopefully test the update to be sure it is working well).

• I did not realize. I thought because it was a plugin based install that it did not automatically update itself. If that is the case I will stick to the urbackup plugin. My apologies.

The plugin doesn't need to be updated. The urbackup package itself *could* be updated more frequently. Are you running into problems not having the the bleeding edge version? You will have the same problem running straight Debian - you will have to check for updates all the time, download manually and install with dpkg. If there is an important bugfix, someone could just ping me to let me know there is a new version (and hopefully test the update to be sure it is working well).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought because it was a plugin based install that it did not automatically update itself.

The plugin doesn't update the package and the package doesn't update itself either. You have to install the update from the Updates tab.

• Sorry for adding to this issue. But I didn't get how you updated to the latest version of urbackup.

On the status page of the urbackup server I get a hint that a newer version of urbackup is available (current 2.2.11, latest 2.3.7).
    On OMV 4's System, Update Management page no packages are listed, even after hitting Check. Should I see 2.3.7 here or am I mistaken that updating is possible from the GUI?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should I see 2.3.7 here or am I mistaken that updating is possible from the GUI?

You can see here that 2.3.7 is in the omv-extras repo - https://bintray.com/openmediav…s/arrakis/urbackup-server

So, you are probably already running 2.3.7. And you will be able to update from the OMV gui (Updates tab) when a newer version is available.

• Just in case anybody else has the same issue: I had to clean the cache of the repository. Cannot say exactly what it finally made, but I used "apt clean" from System / OMV-extras Update Dropdown and I executed something on the command line as root (found somwhere here in the forum).

• Hi there,
    Sorry for reanimating this thread. I am a bit confused at the moment.
    I have the most recent Urbackup plugin installed, it came with Urbackup Server 2.3.7.
    Yesterday, I realized in the Urbackup Server web interface that a new Urbackup server version 2.3.8 is available and that I may click a link to download it.

So, what should I do now? Clicking the link and Urbackup server 2.3.8 will download and install/update automatically? Or will there be a new version of the Urbackup plugin available in the OMV updates tab bringing version 2.3.8 of the Urbackup server?
    Thanks in advance for a hint,
    topi

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, what should I do now? Clicking the link and Urbackup server 2.3.8 will download and install/update automatically? Or will there be a new version of the Urbackup plugin available in the OMV updates tab bringing version 2.3.8 of the Urbackup server?

If you don't update soon, your system will explode. Just kidding. I just needed to know that there was an update. I look once in a while but hadn't seen the 2.3.8 update. It is in the repo now. You should see it after clicking Check in the Updates tab.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!