Version 4.1.0-1 - Invalid RPC Response

• After updating to 4.1.0-1 from 4.0.19-1 I am getting a "Invalid RPC Response" notification when logging into the WebGUI.

The syslog shows the error below:
    - Mar 3 10:21:31 MainBox omv-engined[31886]: PHP Fatal error: Interface 'OMV\System\Filesystem\IFilesystem' not found in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/union.inc on line 28

Might this be related to the PHP interface renames of this release? And how do i go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance from a very satisfied OMV user - and sorry if I have not posted this in the correct subfora :)

• Hello, I got the same problem here. No idea so far how to fix it.After the upgrade the filesystem is not shown any more.
    The omvconfig file contains the data for the shares etc though

• Same here

Error #0:OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'getList', Array, Array, 3)#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#2 {main}

• Hi Votdev,

Checking the syslog i see it seems related to my zfs

Mar 3 13:01:34 nas omv-engined[4926]: PHP Fatal error: Interface 'OMV\System\Filesystem\IFilesystem' not found in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystemzfs.inc on line 5
    Mar 3 13:01:44 nas omv-engined[4969]: PHP Fatal error: Interface 'OMV\System\Filesystem\IFilesystem' not found in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystemzfs.inc on line 5
    Mar 3 13:01:53 nas omv-engined[5015]: PHP Fatal error: Interface 'OMV\System\Filesystem\IFilesystem' not found in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystemzfs.inc on line 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't know 4.1.0 was released. The updated plugins have been pushed to the repo.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I made the mistake of not uninstalling 4 plugins (shellinabox, usbbackup, route, and netatalk) that are not crucial to me but I had installed when I set up OMV 3. I tried uninstalling them after the upgrade but still get the Invalid RPC message.

Is there any way of getting them off the system now, so the error message stops coming up?

• Is there any way of getting them off the system now, so the error message stops coming up?

You can uninstall them by running apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-shellinabox openmediavault-usbbackup openmediavault-route openmediavault-netatalk.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also did not uninstall all Plugins. (See Screenshot)

You don't need to for the 3.x->4.x upgrade (except for the downloader plugins that were not ported).

can I uninstall and reinstall ist to solve this? (without losing andy data?)

How would you lose data? unionfilesystems (mergerfs) works on top of other filesystems. So, there is no data saved on mergerfs. It just pools the drives.

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

the output is:

And this is the whole error message:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UnionFilesystem...', 'getList', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}
    • Offizieller Beitrag

None of your omv-extras plugins updated. Fix it with:

apt-get remove openmediavault-jdownloader openmediavault-sensors
    wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash
    omv-update

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!