[SOLVED]unable to remove a shared folder

• Hello all,

I made a mistake trying to set a share folder.

I've now delete the folder on my folder on my raid1 device.

The problem is now in the access right management section "shared folder",the folder deleted still there even it don't exist any more.
    I'm unable to remove this folder from the "shared folder"; still "used" and delete button is unreachable.

I join a screenshot to be clear, NAS is folder to delete and I've only been able to modify the path to lost+found

I guess there is file to edit or removed.

If somebody have tips it would be great

Cheers,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does it say Yes under the Used column? If so, you need to remove all uses of that shared folder before you can delete it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• One addition to ryecoaarons post.
    You need to remove the folder from all services like smb/cifs, nfs, ftp etc.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Yes it's used but this folder doesn't exist any more....it was also removed also from smb/cifs.
    I don't understand why it still in shared folder, it has been trashed already. What process could still use a ghost folder?

• The process like samba does not know that the folder does no longer exist.
    So check that no service is using it anymore! then you can delete it! And remember to not delete a shared folder from the commandline again!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I'm unable to instal fuser and lsof don't see the folder.

don't see samba service or something similar, an idea?

• To fix this issue you will have to edit the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file. Why don't you post your complete file here then we can tell you what to edit. Put it in a code box please. You will learn fast to not do this again, delete shared folders outside of the web-gui.

• I promise, never user commandline again to remove a shared folder ;)

here is the file:

• You need to delete the above from your shares section of the config.xml.

• Hello again,

Actually it's not really solved :(, now I'm unable to create new users.

it says

I guess something is wrong in file sharemgmt.inc

• Code
    </network>
        <usermanagement>
          <homedirectory>
            <enable>0</enable>
            <sharedfolderref>7b1b05f6-cb65-4750-b530-ad380131282d</sharedfolderref>
          </homedirectory>

In this part of your config.xml just delete this "7b1b05f6-cb65-4750-b530-ad380131282d</sharedfolderref>"

Under User/Settings in the web-gui you had dropped down the drop down box and selected a shared folder as the home folder for a user. You did no enable it. You need to make sure this setting is none. If any share is selected for any user you will not be able to erase the shared folder. All services must be removed from a share before it can be deleted in the web-gui. This is a safety feature so people don't accidentally break services that are using a share.

• I did that but now omv is unable to display gui.

EDIT:

I've set enable to 0:

<homedirectory>
    <enable>0</enable>
    <sharedfolderref>7b1b05f6-cb65-4750-b530-ad380131282d</sharedfolderref>

And in GUI selected none as you told

I learn a lot with this mistake

Thank you again

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!