[Sensors] OMV-Sensors in OMV 4.1.x

• Hi,

After several years, I'm back here ;) OMV have really upgraded since I left and I'm please to see that. For several personal reasons (kids ;) ) I left the project at some time, but I will have more time to come as the kids grows up !
    Anyway, I'm planning to move my actual NAS witch is running on a Windows Server 2012 Essential (fine but getting old...) to OMV ;)

I'm trying to do everything I was doing with it with OMV and I'm near the goal, except to with the ability to watch for my CPU & HDD temp.

I have seen some posts in the forums but cannot find the answer for OMV 4.x.

Is the plugin OMV-sensors available as I cannot see it in the plugins with OMV-extras installed?
    I'm actually running with a backport 4.14 kernel.

Thanks for the answer,

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin is not in the OMV 4.x repo but the 3.x plugin might work. @jhmiller should be able to answer that and put it in the 4.x repo if it does work.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi Aaron ;)

Thanks for your answer and the next question is :

how can I install an OMV v3 plugin in OMV v4 ? ;)

Download .deb file and install it the hard way (dpkg -i ...) ?

Cheers,

ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

• Offizieller Beitrag

how can I install an OMV v3 plugin in OMV v4 ?

Download .deb file and install it the hard way (dpkg -i ...) ?

Download it from here. Then you can either upload it to the omv web interface in the plugin tab or use dpkg.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Here the install log for info.

As I'm testing all my stuff in a VM, I'm not surprise by the no sensors detected, but it seems to install correctly...

I have some Python error at the end, but I have read that it should be resolved sooner or later ?

• Ok... got errors but the answer was post several times... If someone could delete post 6 to 10 !!!

When I try to activate the plugin, I have this error. It seems that omv-mkgraph is no more present in v4.x...
    Maybe some works to do on the plugin to have it running on OMV v4.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf sensors balls 2>&1' with exit code '2': sed: can't read /usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph: No such file or directory

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have some Python error at the end, but I have read that it should be resolved sooner or later ?

This is a python bug. While there is a fix on the forum, I am waiting for debian to fix it.

When I try to activate the plugin, I have this error. It seems that omv-mkgraph is no more present in v4.x...
    Maybe some works to do on the plugin to have it running on OMV v4.

It probably still works on systems that have upgraded from 3.x to 4.x because omv-mkgraph is still around. I guess the plugin needs more changes for OMV 4.x. While I use lm-sensors, I don't use the graphs in OMV and none of my test OMV boxes are physical.

got errors but the answer was post several times

If you see an error message, it is actually the spam filter putting the post in moderation (long posts and/or links in posts do that). So, no need to re-submit.

• It probably still works on systems that have upgraded from 3.x to 4.x because omv-mkgraph is still around. I guess the plugin needs more changes for OMV 4.x. While I use lm-sensors, I don't use the graphs in OMV and none of my test OMV boxes are physical.

I upgraded from OMV 3 to OMV 4. But since the Sensors plugin is not available for OMV 4, I removed it from OMV 3 before upgrading to OMV 4.

The plugin seems to have installed OK on OMV 4, but it bombs later when setting it up because omv-mkgraph is missing.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Zitat von ryecoaaron

It probably still works on systems that have upgraded from 3.x to 4.x because omv-mkgraph is still around. I guess the plugin needs more changes for OMV 4.x. While I use lm-sensors, I don't use the graphs in OMV and none of my test OMV boxes are physical.

I understood from a post some time ago that you are running OMV4 on your QNAP TS451. Do you use lm-sensors to manage fan control on that box? How exactly? If not then how is it done?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

you are running OMV4 on your QNAP TS451

Yep.

Do you use lm-sensors to manage fan control on that box?

Nope. I have lm-sensors installed but I just let the system manage the fan.

• Hi there !

Now that OMV 4 is considered as stable, any chance to have an update to let this plugin run on it ?

Cheers,