OMV3 : I can't read a folder in midnight commander on ssh session

• Hi Everyone,

I can't see my folder created on SSH session with midnight commander (mc) ? Before I had OMv2 and I'm able to do with mc! There is a problem with OMV3, also, I don't find in OMV-extra the plug-in "openmediavault-Explorer" ?

Note : I don't see nothing in folder "media".

Thank you in adavance.
    Chris :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't see my folder created on SSH session with midnight commander (mc) ? Before I had OMv2 and I'm able to do with mc!

Can't see it where? Sounds like a permissions issue.

There is a problem with OMV3, also, I don't find in OMV-extra the plug-in "openmediavault-Explorer" ?

This isn't a problem with OMV 3. I didn't port the extplorer plugin to OMV 3 or 4.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If I'm creating a new folder (e.g. in media or srv) I always do it in the webGUI under 'shared folders', then adjust permissions if needed.

I use mc over SSH a bit and making subfolders is fine but making top level folders in media or srv leads to the sort of problems you described.

OMV 6 on Raspberry Pi 3/4/5, Odroid C2/HC2 and three cobbled together x64 boxes running Snapraid.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!