DOCKER+MCVLAN+VPN

• Hi All,

dont know in which Topic i post this thread. Need a Network Guru :D

I have created a mclan Network in docker which Points to my normal network- all good so far.

I cereated to Container with 2 ip adresses 192.168.2.22 and 2.23 (my normal Network is 192.168.2.0/24)

Container one has Port 8080 as Gui. Internal it works without any issue (192.168.2.22:8080)

But if I connect with my Handy over VPN i cant reach 192.168.2.22:8080.

Any tipp ? Anything i missed ?

• sorry for denglish: Handy=mobile phone

I have openVPN Plugin running without any Special configuration under OMV and i connect with my mobilephone with OpenVPN Client to my Network .

• ok - i see good to know its a normal behaivior . dont have Linux router or something els :/ is it possible to Setup a VPN in Container in the mcvlan netwok to reach the Containers ?

• I am trying to do a very similar thing than the OP: create a dedicated subnet for my docker containers, as a lot of them use the same ports. having them appear as physical devices over my network would simplfy things very much. however when trying to set up the network i get the following error:

• Offizieller Beitrag

however when trying to set up the network i get the following error:

The MacVlan network 192.168.80.0/24 is not in the same subnet with the gateway entry, 192.168.50.1 (which is probably your router's IP address). If you want to route traffic out of your LAN, your routers IP address must be in the 192.168.80.0/24 network.

Is it possible to run two IP networks on the same physical network (Ethernet, Layer 2) at the same time? Yes.

The questions to be answered are:
    - Will your router allow the assignment of a secondary gateway address (192.168.80.1 for example).
    (And/Or)
    - Does your router support VLAN's?

The answers to both questions would require a bit of research into your router's capabilities.

If your router doesn't support the features mentioned, there is a work around that would involve a second router and require a WAN modem with two ports or a second switch.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!