[solved]can i install OMV to SD or USB in x86?

• Hi.

i'm used omv by rasberry pi with 8TB external HDD, but its speed isn't enough to use..

so i bought intel J3455 system. (Asrock J3455-ITX) but i forgot to buy another storage for install OMV.

So... can i use USB or SDcard to install OMV?

I also have a reader that can connect SD card directly to USB

• Do you mean install OMV from a USB or SD
    or
    install it to a USB or SD ?

Either is possible - use something like Etcher to write an installation ISO to USB/SD

If you mean installing it to a USB or SD, then the main thing is to turn on the flash memory plugin:
    e.g. see omv on a SDHC card

This plugin is on by default for RaspPi and similar devices, but wouldn't be on by default in x86

OMV 6 on Raspberry Pi 3/4/5, Odroid C2/HC2 and three cobbled together x64 boxes running Snapraid.

• Thanks for answers. i'll try to install to sd card!!

• If you install a lot of dockers or plugins, you will have to put in a lot of extra effort to make sure all these plugins are writing to disks other than the SD card,

my install with OMV3, sonarr, radarr, nzbget, lazylibrarian writes about 900mb per day to the system disk, and this is with the "flash plugin" installed! This is enough to kill a small sd card fairly quickly

if you can spare a sata port, you could just get a cheap SSD. For ease of mind, and ease of install.....

J3455 looks like a great board for a NAS! cheap, powerful and 4 sata ports (on the asrock mitx one). I am also looking to get one.

also: crazy that the itx version has 4 sata ports, and the asrock m-atx version only has 2 sata ports........ i wanted to re-use my dimm ddr3, but the only j3455 board with 4 sata ports is the m-itx one which only supports sodimm......

• uh..... it's not good a t omv3. i spend 4hours for install...

but in omv4 i think it is good

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!