MySQL Plugin not correctly working

• Hi,
    After updating from OMV3 to 4 a few days ago i noticed that my kodi box could not longer access the MySQL server on my nas. All local apps and services (nextcloud for example) still worked fine.
    I tried resetting settings in the plugin, switching the bind adress from 0.0.0.0 to the local adress and back, disabling and enabling the server through the plugin but nothing worked.

Then i noticed that the mariadb server was still running even tho i switched it off (nextcloud was still working fine) and no log entries for stopping or starting the server.

I then tried to restart the maria db server from ssh (service mariadb restart) and this finally did the trick. Now i can access the mysql server again from other machines on my network.

I have 2 files in /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/ that seem to control the server settings:
    50-server.cnf and openmediavault-mysql.cnf
    The first one has the default bind adress set (127.0.0.1) and the other one holds the mysql plugin settings.

Is there a bug in the plugin? Or maybe something got screwed up in my upgrade from omv 3 to 4?

I also got the following warning yesterday:

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
     mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
    error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log /var/log/mysql/mariadb-slow.log /var/log/mysql/error.log '
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

My MySQL Server doesnt seem to have the "debian-sys-main" user in its config (according to the MyWebSQL interface)

Maybe this is related as well?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is an issue with debian stretch using mariadb by default. While it can use mysql config files, it reads the mariadb versions first which can cause problems. I haven't had a chance to look at this because it is a pain.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Oh sorry i though i was clear.
    i really just stopped the mariadb service and started it again manually from ssh after playing around with the settings of the plugin (as the plugin doesnt seem to be able to do this at the moment):

service mariadb stop
    service mariadb start

I did not alter any of the mariadb config files, so doing the manual restart seems to have made the server load the openmediavault settings (from the plugin).

what wonders me a bit is that i had rebooted my server serveral times in the last few days and this did not fix the problem. Will keep an eye on this after the next reboot.

About the logrotate error:
    I now manually added the "debian-sys-maint" User to the mysql server with the password stored in /etc/mysql/debian.cnf and gave this one all rights. I will just wait and see if the error pops back up again.
    See: https://gentoo-blog.de/ubuntu/…debian-sys-maint-account/

• Has anyone figured this out yet? I keep getting these emails.

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
    mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
    error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log /var/log/mysql/mariadb-slow.log /var/log/mysql/error.log '
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!