Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused

• When I try I access my gui I am getting the error 'Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused'

Code
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

Anyone got any idea how I can resolve this, I have cleared the browser cache which never did anything, not that I really expected it to.
    Cheers

• Thankyou for your reply, I did search the forum and google before posting but none of the solutions I found worked for my problem.
    My system version is

Code
    ii  openmediavault                     3.0.99                                  all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             1.0                                     all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-omvextrasorg        3.4.29                                  all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

It was after I updated the login problems started for me.

When I run omv-engined -f -d
    I get :- https://pastebin.com/Zv7zTpZp

I dont have any addons installed.

I have also tried running apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
    but that never help either.

Any advice would be post appreciated.

• Thanks for your reply, god knows what has happened to my installation though.

Code
    ● openmediavault.service
       Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
       Active: inactive (dead)
  • I have the same problem and get the same error message.

When I run "omv-engined -f -d" I can log in and everything seems running appropriately. Anyway the output of "omv-engined -f -d" is as follows (note that i stopped that after approx 1 minute after the login).
    Output of "omv-engined -f -d "

Here below some more details.
    1., The output of "systemctl status openmediavault" is nothing. It simply returns to the command line. The same with "systemctl status omv-engined".
    2. The output of "dpkg -l |grep openm" is
    ii openmediavault 4.1.19-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    3. My system is Zyxel NAS540 running debian as per the following guide: http://www.techdudes.de/1930/z…n-und-openmediavault-omv/
    Thank you in advance for your support.
    Regards,
    Matteo.

• I have the same issue now. :(

# systemctl status openmediavault

Unit openmediavault.service could not be found.

# systemctl status openmediavault-engined

● openmediavault-engined.service

Loaded: masked (Reason: Unit openmediavault-engined.service is masked.)

Active: inactive (dead)

root@omv:~# dpkg -l |grep openm

ii openmediavault 5.6.0-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

When i run omv-engined -f -d it is working.

Also re-installed the openmediavault package, nothing solved.

What do do?

Thx!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Run systemctl unmask openmediavault-engined.service and systemctl restart openmediavault-engined.serviceto get it working again.

• Unfortunately, I have the same issue now. :(

My system is OMV5 on Pi3.

pi@OMVPi:~ $ systemctl status openmediavault

Unit openmediavault.service could not be found.

pi@OMVPi:~ $ systemctl status openmediavault-engined

● openmediavault-engined.service - The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openmediavault-engined.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2023-03-26 19:22:05 CEST; 4s ago

Process: 3401 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/omv-engined (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 3403 (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)

Mar 26 19:22:05 OMVPi systemd[1]: Starting The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request...

Mar 26 19:22:05 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Supervising process 3403 which is not our child. We'll most likely not notice when it exits.

Mar 26 19:22:05 OMVPi systemd[1]: Started The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request.

Mar 26 19:22:05 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION

Mar 26 19:22:05 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

• pi@OMVPi:~ $ systemctl start openmediavault-engined

==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ===

Authentication is required to start 'openmediavault-engined.service'.

Authenticating as: ,,, (pi)

Password:

==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ===

pi@OMVPi:~ $ systemctl status openmediavault-engined

● openmediavault-engined.service - The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openmediavault-engined.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2023-03-26 21:17:33 CEST; 2s ago

Process: 1707 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/omv-engined (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 1709 (code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION)

Mar 26 21:17:32 OMVPi systemd[1]: Starting The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request...

Mar 26 21:17:32 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Supervising process 1709 which is not our child. We'll most likely not notice when it exits.

Mar 26 21:17:32 OMVPi systemd[1]: Started The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request.

Mar 26 21:17:33 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION

Mar 26 21:17:33 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

pi@OMVPi:~ $ journalctl -xe

Mar 26 21:19:40 OMVPi systemd[1]: Starting The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request...

-- Subject: A start job for unit openmediavault-engined.service has begun execution

-- Defined-By: systemd

-- Support: https://www.debian.org/support

--

-- A start job for unit openmediavault-engined.service has begun execution.

--

-- The job identifier is 1561.

Mar 26 21:19:40 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Supervising process 1809 which is not our child. We'll most likely not notice when it exits.

Mar 26 21:19:40 OMVPi systemd[1]: Started The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request.

-- Subject: A start job for unit openmediavault-engined.service has finished successfully

--

-- A start job for unit openmediavault-engined.service has finished successfully.

--

-- The job identifier is 1561.

Mar 26 21:19:40 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION

-- Subject: Unit process exited

--

-- An ExecStart= process belonging to unit openmediavault-engined.service has exited.

--

-- The process' exit code is 'exited' and its exit status is 255.

Mar 26 21:19:40 OMVPi systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

-- Subject: Unit failed

--

-- The unit openmediavault-engined.service has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.

Mar 26 21:20:01 OMVPi CRON[1812]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

Mar 26 21:20:01 OMVPi CRON[1813]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-ionice >/dev/null 2>&1)

Mar 26 21:20:01 OMVPi CRON[1812]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!