Errors when Upgrading from OMV 3.0.99 to OMV 4

• After going back and forth for a while on whether I should take the OMV 4 upgrade, I decided to finally do it. For the most part, it seems that everything went fine, and all of my plugins appear to be working even after the upgrade. I noticed this a the end of my output though, and it's making me nervous. I am not sure what to do about it. Any advice would be much appreciated. (Going to tag @ryecoaaron and @votdev on this.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

try apt-get -f install

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• try apt-get -f install

I am getting the same thing unfortunately, but I have a little more detailed output this time.

• I also keep getting these e-mails every half-hour @ryecoaaron.

Code
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like php didn't upgrade. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "php|openm"

Did you reboot by any chance?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Looks like php didn't upgrade. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "php|openm"

Did you reboot by any chance?

Here it is! It might be worth noting that after this happened the first time around, I restored a CloneZilla image that I took before the upgrade, tried the upgrade again, and it happened again.

And I did try rebooting. After doing so, I am now greeted with this error message when I log in.

The property 'nullpasswords' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'.

• Yet another update to the WebUI problem. After clearing my web browser's cache, it's even more screwed up now. All that's displaying is the OMV logo.

Here's what I'm seeing in my web browser.

• Offizieller Beitrag

After clearing my web browser's cache, it's even more screwed up now. All that's displaying is the OMV logo.

That is because your previous post shows that the openmediavault package is at iU (not fully installed). Try apt-get -f install. I have had no problem with upgrades from 3.x to 4.x but I haven't tried lately. Seems like you have something installed that still wants php5.

• That is because your previous post shows that the openmediavault package is at iU (not fully installed). Try apt-get -f install. I have had no problem with upgrades from 3.x to 4.x but I haven't tried lately. Seems like you have something installed that still wants php5.

I tried apt-get -f install but unfortunately it still did not resolve the problem. Concerning something still wanting php5, could that be the fault of the openmediavault-nginx plugin? I use it for my NextCloud installation.

• Offizieller Beitrag

could that be the fault of the openmediavault-nginx plugin?

It should get upgraded to the OMV 4.x version that uses php7 although in your output, the omv-extras plugins are still at 3.x version (probably because they depend on OMV 4.x which hasn't finished installing yet).

• Offizieller Beitrag

What about collectd? Is that failing because of OMV or is OMV failing because of it?

Hard to say. Better question for Volker.

• Hard to say. Better question for Volker.

Alright. I've already tagged him here so I'll just wait it out. Yesterday was the last free time that I'll have in a while and I need my OMV server to work perfectly, so I restored my OMV 3 CloneZilla image for now. When I play with the upgrade again, I will be doing so in a VM of the CloneZilla image. Hopefully I will be able to sort out issues in the VM before doing the upgrade to my actual OMV server.

• I think the problem is that collected was not configured correctly because of a malformed config file:

But i don't have any idea why this happens. I migrated many test systems from 3.x to 4.x without such issues.

Well that sucks. Is there anything I can do to fix the possibly-malformed config file before trying to take the upgrade again? I restored a CloneZilla image I had of OMV 3 as a way to undo the damage that the upgrade caused.

• @votdev I finally had time to the OMV upgrade again after running this, and it still did not work. Any other suggestions?

Here are some of the errors that I've seen when I try to run apt upgrade. I am not sure if any of them will be helpful. Because I do not want to screw up my live OMV server, I'm playing around with the upgrade in a VM clone before I try to do it for real.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von David B () aus folgendem Grund: Added error screenshots.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!