Openmediavault Versions for Intel

• I have been building and screwing around with computers for quite a few years and it has been a long time since I have messed with Linux and the last time I tried to build a server I could only get network transfer speeds of 10 to 12 MBs so I gave up on it to turn it into a HTPC with a lot of internal storage. Was trying to get back into building a server and Openmediavault sounded very promising but I keep running into road blocks. I started off with version 2.1 as the was the version that was in the guide I was following but I was having a hard time getting any to work properly. I then found source forge download page and downloaded the newest version and didn't even think about the file name had AMD64 in it and now I have having many more issues like not being able to transfer over my network and getting kicked out of my sessions with the message SOFTWARE FAILURE.

Looking back at the downloads page is the newest version of Openmediavault for Intel 3.0.36 from Sept 2016?

I did try searching the forums for a few days for answers before starting a new post. Normally I just like to search for the answer and figure things out but I needed to ask a dumb question.

Intel Core i7-3770
    8 Gigs Ram
    60 SSD main
    10 TB WD Red

• Looking back at the downloads page is the newest version of Openmediavault for Intel 3.0.36 from Sept 2016?

Latest release for download is 4.1.3 from 30.3.2018 and amd64 is correct. You might end with 4.1.4 after successful install and update via OMV WebGui.

If you don't know how to install: Getting Started with Openmediavault

OMV 4.1.4-1 Arrakis on intel platform
    OMV 3.0.99 Erasmus on ARM platform

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tinkerisk ()

• So the “amd64” and “i386” part of the file names has nothing to do with what hardware it should used on?

openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64.iso

openmediavault_3.0.36-i386.iso

It has, amd64 is for 64-Bit processors (from Intel OR from AMD). Assuming you are using the core i7 processor in your signature, the amd64 is the right version.

IF IT DOESN'T WORK: Another way to do your installtion could be to install latest 3.0xx first (amd64) and upgrade to 4.1.x from there (this worked flawless in my case).

1) Install OMV 3.0.xx as you could find in the manual above
    2) Login to CLI, user: root, pwd: as entered before (use puTTY)
    3) apt-get update
    4) apt-get upgrade
    5) omv-release-upgrade
    6) omv-initsystem (this is only for NEW installations since a pop-up window from OMV 3.0.xx requested it before maybe because I had not yet attached the data drives)

Restart your System and Login via WebGui

OMV 4.1.4-1 Arrakis on intel platform
    OMV 3.0.99 Erasmus on ARM platform

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tinkerisk ()

• Thank you for the advise
    I tried OMV 4.1.4-1 the last time and I did follow the guide page by page. I will try a slightly lower version and upgrade. The biggest problem I had is I could not connect to my share through windows but when I had 2.1 the share worked great but nothing else would update or work properly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!