minidlna not detecting new files

• I have OMV set up and running and quite happy with everything, awesome project. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

The nagging issue I have is miniDlna not rescanning/detecting new files, I have a Network SMB share mounted via Remote Mount plugin, this folder has new files added daily by processes on another machine and then I have a local Rsync job to copy it from a shared folder (the Remote Mount folder) to a local shared folder. The flow works but minidlna doesn't pickup the new files unless I manually force a rescan or reboot and even that doesn't seem to work consistently. I have verified there are no longer any files that cause the scan to choke, it runs through ~20K files cleanly.

Can anyone suggest an approach to fix this?

I know I can execute the following lines from putty (as root) and get a full rescan/rebuild to work

service minidlna stop
    rm /var/cache/minidlna/files.db
    service minidlna start

I was thinking I would do a scheduled task to run each morning (all new files are in place by 8am each day) but my linux skills are so spotty I cannot interpret the error I get when I tried to make a batch file and run it as a scheduled task :/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!