Initramfs on clean installation

• Hi I decided to move my OMV to a smaller SSD as it was silly wasting a larger one for the OS drive and as I was doing this I decided to go for OMV4 rather than OMV3.

I installed via USB as normal no problem and was able to get the OS to boot and access the WebGUI.

However when I reconnect my drives via my HBA (LSI2008 in IT mode) the OS will not boot and it instead loads something called initramfs.

What is causing this and how on earth do I fix it?

OMV 4.1.4 Arrakis | 34TB SnapRAID+MergerFS
    Supermicro X10SLM+-F| Xeon E3-1285L | 16gb ECC Ram | LSI SAS9220-8i
    5 x 8TB WD Red | 2x 3TB WD Red | 128gb Samsung 830 EVO

• Those errors are very similar to the issue I am having, but moving all my data around like that isn't really viable.

I don't have a RAID set up, it's just ext4 drives with data on that I had been using mergerfs to pool.

Your solution for me would be a very very very last resort.

Did it shed any light for you on what might be causing this to happen, because I really see no reason why normal drives with only data on should cause this kind of issue.

• Well my drives were not in raid either. I thought something on the drives got corrupted which was causing the error. Still having some problems though as when I try to format my drives back into ext4, i'm getting some weird error which i'm about to post about now.

• I was able to resolve this issue by installing OMV4 onto a different SSD with my HBA disconnected, loading the WebUI, running apt-get update/upgrade and installing the Snapraid and Unionfilesystem plugins.

I then rebooted, connected my HBA/drives and was able to successfully boot into OMV and mount all drives.

I suspect it was missing drivers that was causing the issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!