Errors while attempting to format drives

• I had a issue where my system hung up and after a hard reboot acted funny. Reinstalled OMV then reconnected my data drives and the system wouldn't boot. Eventually got things to work by installing with my data drives connected, but now when i am trying to format my data drives to move the data back onto them, I keep getting errors like this:

The drive eventually formatted into ext4 but after quite a few of these errors. I had just ran Western Digitals data lifeguard on it and there were no problems with the drive so i'm at a loss if this is just a bug or something I should worry about before using the disks again.

• I tried wiping the drives from the OMV GUI and still had them. I also noticed a few instances of another error

Code
    Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'getListBg', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

I'm trying to understand, are these issues with my data drives and some corruption on them perhaps or is this something wrong with the OMV install, perhaps issues with my system sdd?

• Is your system fully updated?

Well, that's a question I'm not sure about. I did a fresh install with 4.1.3-1 and had a bunch of updates in update management on the GUI. Selected them all and hit upgrade but at the end of the dialog box had several errors which are shown in the attached picture. Rebooted the system and went back to the update management and there are no updates shown and I am now running 4.1.4-1. That said, still getting the errors when trying to format my drives.

• It appears this is a problem with OMV 4, went back to 3 tonight so i can use my system and had zero issues getting it up and running. I'm not sure whether to mark this as resolved or not since the issue is still there

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!