Tutorial: Share the full Hard Disk via SMB/CIFS

• This guide only works with SMB/CIFS. It does not work with NFS!

Hey Users,

i just thought i write this little Tutorial on how to make Shared Folder that allocates all your shares on your OMV within one folder.
    This guide only works if you have all your shares on one hard disk respectively on the same raid.
    (You simply share your whole data drive, but without write access to the root of the drive!)

Change to your hard disk via ssh

Code
    cd /media/UUID

Create the Symlink, I call it RStorage, short for RaidStorage.

Code
    ln -s /media/UUID RStorage

You can check that your Symlink works, if you change to the new "directory".

Code
    cd RStorage
    ls -l

You should see the same output as if you were at /media/UUID.

Now you need to add the directory as a shared Folder in the OMV Webinterface.
    You need to get yourself the rights to acces this Folder with Read/Write access, under Priviliges and ACL.

After that you add it as an SMB/CIFS share and add the following under extra options for that share:

Code
    symlinks = yes
    wide links = yes

You now can open that share like you would open any other share or mount it as a network drive.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!