[question] How to properly setup UnionFS on OMV for oDroid XU4?

• Hi everyone -

So I am starting to delve further into OMV on my oDroid XU4.

I installed the Union Filesystem plugin on v3, and was able to partially create a mount point in the Union Filesystem panel. Consisting of two hfsplus formatted drives (which may be the issue by itself; that's why I'm asking here).

Settings are "defaults,allow_other,direct_io,use_ino," Most free space, 4G minimum.

I am currently in a loop where I receive the following error message:

"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/5594a4d9-32a8-4daf-9d91-f1eee647fffc' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: /etc/fstab: parse error: ignore entry at line 10. mount: can't find /srv/5594a4d9-32a8-4daf-9d91-f1eee647fffc in /etc/fstab"

Under File Systems I do see the share I just created but I can't mount it or delete it. If I click "Apply Changes" I get the same error message as above.

The sub-details are as follows:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/94aedf73-4d9c-4db6-a38a-e48613e0c317' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: /etc/fstab: parse error: ignore entry at line 10.mount: can't find /srv/94aedf73-4d9c-4db6-a38a-e48613e0c317 in /etc/fstab' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack

trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/union.inc(425): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(72): OMV\System\Filesystem\Union->mount()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusYs...', '/tmp/bgoutputzR...')
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #13 {main}

Did I miss a step or three? I didn't have much luck with finding a tutorial on this either here on the forum or on Google in general.

What I'm basically trying to do is consolidate four small hfsplus volumes into one large one that I can pick and choose things from to put on my ext4 drive, then format all four of the hfsplus drives to (likely) ext4 to have an rSync backup of parts of the large ext4 volume.

Thanks for your guidance and help. Any server / drive etc info you need from me, I'm happy to try to find and send your way. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!