Backup difficulties - Clonezilla won't clone my SSD

• I have had an identical error message as in this thread, while attempting to use clonezilla to backup my system disk - only with a different 'group number' quoted compared to that for the OP in this pic. Have posted this message on that thread - and so apologies for this cross-post - but I haven't heard from anyone and I was wondering if anyone in this topic has any ideas as to what the problem might be.

Though the system itself still boots from the SSD, and the SSD appears to be working fine, I'm not getting any joy with backing up the system. This is OK for the time being but I'd prefer to be able to do so.

The Clonezilla output is as follows:

Since the last successful Clonezilla backup I used Gparted to resize the two partitions on the SSD - this being the only thing I can think of which might have caused the problem. I'm not sure if it is recoverable.

I have tried the OP's solution on that original thread, which worked for the OP, but it didn't work for me. Based on cabrio's advice there I have also tried to run clonezilla multiple times, both over SSH and directly with keyboard and monitor plugged into the box. Same error. Also the same error when running clonezilla from a live CD as when running it using the version installed by OMV-extras. This makes me think that the problem is something to do with my SSD, and possibly a result of the partition resize using GParted?

I've booted into SYstemREscueCD and used fsck and e2fsck to check the SSD. It says that there is a bad superblock, but at this point I lost confidence in my ability to Google and find an answer - the pages I could find went far beyond my level of understanding, and I don't like to mess with my system drive when I don't have a recent backup to go back to.

Currently then I have a server which works OK but I cannot back up. Any ideas how I might fix this? I've gone beyond the level of knowledge where I feel comfortable to fix this myself using Google...

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!