Rutorrent in docker

• can someone point me in the right direction?
    I've a raid 5 in my nas and configured so sharedfiles is accessable when I'm trying to configure the docker container starts but I cannot access the webGUI of rutorrent. Is something wrong with this creation of the container?

sudo docker create --name=rutorrent \
    --restart=always \
    -v /home/docker/rutorrent/config:/config \
    -v /sharedfolders/media/downloads:/downloads \
    -e PGID=1001 -e PUID=1001 \
    -e TZ=Europe/London \
    -p 82:82 -p 82:82 \
    -p 61318:61318 -p 61318:61318/udp \
    linuxserver/rutorrent

Thanks in advance,
    B

• Why do you have the port 82:82 statements twice?

Do the PGID and PUID really exist on your system or did you just make them up?

What does the container log say?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• somehow I cannot add the error message,
    here it is...

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# sudo docker start rutorrent
    Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint rutorrent (c20519eb543cc904e5bcef2a490df0ecf36229cd83153ae748b8614fb82e8442): Bind for 0.0.0.0:82 failed: port is already allocated
    Error: failed to start containers: rutorrent
    root@openmediavault:~#
  • Here is the docker container log

@raulfg3 now i only stated the ports once.

• Ok, but still do not work, because rutorrent use port 80 for webGUI, so config must be -p 84:80 -p 61318:61318 \

please correct this and try co connect to http://<YourNasIP>:84

PD: Please post what exact rutorrent docker do you use, because https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/rutorrent/ use ports 80, 5000, 51413,6881 and not port 84 and 61318

so you must understand how docker translate internal port to your external port:

• @raulfg3

I got it to work with your help, thank you!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get autodl-irssi installed? Docker is very confusing to me...

Edit: Hmm, also can't seem to change the download location from my OS disc to my ZFS pool...

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von elastic ()

• Can you try following my guide here to see if it all functions correctly? I don't talk about autodl there but at least you can make sure you can change the download location and general operation is successful.

What happens when you try to change your download location on that container? I don't use ZFS, but I do use a mergerFS pool that requires certain options to be disabled before data can be written by rutorrent to the pool.

• Can you try following my guide here to see if it all functions correctly? I don't talk about autodl there but at least you can make sure you can change the download location and general operation is successful.

What happens when you try to change your download location on that container? I don't use ZFS, but I do use a mergerFS pool that requires certain options to be disabled before data can be written by rutorrent to the pool.

Thanks for taking the time to make such a thorough guide. Unfortunately I followed it and it does not work for me. It's still pointed at my OS disc and every time I restart the image, my settings change back to default in rutorrent itself.

• Thanks for taking the time to make such a thorough guide. Unfortunately I followed it and it does not work for me. It's still pointed at my OS disc and every time I restart the image, my settings change back to default in rutorrent itself.

Have you marked the config folder as read-only?

Can you show us screenshots of your container setup? Also, are you changing your download location in the rutorrent web UI, or in the rtorrent.rc file?

I don't believe I did to be honest. If that was one of the steps I may have over looked it. I also just realized that this thread is marked under OMV 4, I'm running 3. Would that make a difference? I'll post screen shots a bit later on as I already uninstalled it lol.

• Nah, OMV 3 or 4 shouldn't make a difference here. If you want changes to be persistent between container restarts, you should change the settings in the rtorrent.rc file located in your config folder rather than changing the settings from within rutorrent itself. That may have been the problem.

• Nah, OMV 3 or 4 shouldn't make a difference here. If you want changes to be persistent between container restarts, you should change the settings in the rtorrent.rc file located in your config folder rather than changing the settings from within rutorrent itself. That may have been the problem.

I've recently upgraded to OMV 4. I'd really love to get this working here as deluge really doesn't fit my needs anymore. I can get it installed and up and running as I was able to over the summer with OMV 3. However the same issue exists as I can not get this to use my ZFS pool. My ZFS pool is mounted as /Home

It seems that for some reason it's still using my OS drive for torrent storage. Also I can't even browse folders when adding a new torrent, which I'm guessing is some sort of permission issue.

• Within the application you have for Default directory for downloads set to /Home. This is incorrect. It must be /downloads.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Within the application you have for Default directory for downloads set to /Home. This is incorrect. It must be /downloads.

Always? Here's why I ask. My structure is
    /Home/Movies/Bunch of Movies in folders
    /TV/Bunch of Television Shows in folders
    /Music/Bunch of Albums in folders

I need this structure for plex. How can I work around this then if it must always be /downloads for ruTorrent?

Also before I proceed any further, is it possible to get autodl-irssi running with docker?

• Within the application you can only use references to the Container paths. These are the only paths the container is aware of. But you may be able to create arbitrary ones and as many as you need. Try this and see if it works in the Volume and Bind mounts section of the container.

Code
    Host path        Container path

/Home/Movies/    /Movies

/Home/TV         /TV

/Home/Music      /Music

I don't use autodl-irssi so I have no answer for you.

--

• Within the application you can only use references to the Container paths. These are the only paths the container is aware of. But you may be able to create arbitrary ones and as many as you need. Try this and see if it works in the Volume and Bind mounts section of the container.

Code
    Host path        Container path

/Home/Movies/    /Movies

/Home/TV         /TV

/Home/Music      /Music

I don't use autodl-irssi so I have no answer for you.

I think the problem was with the image that I was pulling. I followed the guide here and typed rutorrent, then installed the first result that popped up. It has been problematic for me for quite some time. I admit I'm sort of ignorant with linux and docker, so I chalked it up to a mistake on my part somewhere along the installation process.

I got rid of it and tried another image. I browsed the repo and installed the image that I found there (that also included autodl-irssi) and everything works flawlessly the first try!

The only thing I need to figure out how to do now is get a password on this client, figure out why the client does not remember ratios when I reboot and why I have a little red exclamation point telling me port 49161 is closed, despite me setting it in docker. Once I figure these out though I'm golden :)

Thanks for your help and to everyone else that has helped me here. I think this whole ordeal has caused me to gray considerably lol....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von elastic ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!