Moving lots of DOS files to data drive in OMV3?

• What's the recommended way to copy lots of DOS files (specifically, the filenames aren't Linux-friendly) from disparate hard-disk drives to a 2Tb data drive (/etc/sdb) in my OMV3 system?
    If I have to, I can do it over the LAN from a PC with a USB disk docking device to a shared folder on OMV, but that will take quite a while, which seems like a shame since the files are already on a HDD that I can mount on OMV with a USB docking device.

So, you people with more experience in OMV than me (which today is everyone else), how would you do this?

Thanks,
    Steve Mann

• You can do this e.g. mit Midnight Commander. There are several threads in the forum about how to do local copying of files. Do a forum search for "Midnight Commander".

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!