No ZFS plugin in Raspberry Pi

• I just installed OMV_3_0_99_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.80.img.xz on Raspberry Pi 3B and I love it. I want to move from NAS4free to OMV but I can't find ZFS plugin in plugins. Image came already installed OMV-Extras but there is no backport to enable. Is anyone can help me?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The zfs plugin is amd64 only.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there anyway I can convert ZFS to ... I dont know maybe brtfs without transfer all files in it?

Nope. You might be able to install zfs on the rpi but you wouldn't have a way to use the pools in the web interface. Why do you want to use zfs on an RPi or even use an RPi?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• :) It's just not to do tiresome job transfer all files different hdds/devices reformat backup one with btrfs and put all data back. You know. Now I need to figure it out how should I split all this hunk a junk files and put it back :I Time and space consuming :S ... Also boring :)

Which by the way what do you think which file system should I use on rpi?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which by the way what do you think which file system should I use on rpi?

If you are going to use an rpi, ext4 is the way to go.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm ok but how about bit-rot protection? Could it be done on ext4 with scheduled scan/read to all folders and files?

Look at the snapraid plugin.

• This is like using a little hand saw to cut down a big tree. It may get the job done if it doesn't break first along the way but it will be a long process and not enjoyable. And then when the tree falls, it falls on your house. :whistling:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!