Disabling the confirmation task?

• HI,
    I'm asking myself is there a way to disable the confirmation task when I do any changes on my system? I'm on omv3.0.99 with kernel 4.15.
    I don't mean the "The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect." but the confirmation after that.
    I know what I do so I don't need it. Would appreciate your help ;)

Greets from Darmstadt, GER
    strohann

I'm from Germany so feel free to talk in german to me ;)

• Maybe. But I count 4 Steps and asking three times. Not twice.

• I first did the changes,
    • than confirmed it by clicking "Save"
    • than have to do another "Apply"
    • and a final confirmation "Yes"

For important questions, for example, formating disks I could ask twice, as in Windows. Not three times. Especially with minor insignificant changes, I can not understand this approach. From my point of view changing the NTP server for example requires no confirmation at all. Saving should be as convenient as possible after a timeout, at the exit event of the edit or manually by clicking the save button.
    Maybe some users would like to be asked 3 times. I think the majority of users would like to be asked only once for most questions.

I would like to suggest adding an option where you can set the number of confirmations separately for important and less relevant changes.

• If someone believes they don't need the double confirmation. I patched this file in OMV 4 (4.1.22-1 Arrakis):

/var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/toolbar/ApplyCfg.js

See https://gitlab.com/experimenta…420c59a13?view=inline&w=1

The changes: removed line 71-75 and line 97 (and fix the indent in line 76-96)

Reload the gui in the browser after the changes.

This won't survive any updates.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!