How to handle OMV Extra plugins when upgrading?

• I read some posts that said I need to remove plugins before upgrading. How do I handle that? Do I need to remove openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.30 plugin and its related sub-plugins? I am using omv-backup, snapraid, union file system.

So first remove the children plugins (omv-backup, snapraid, union file system) and then remove the openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.30 plugin, is this correct?

I checked and it looks like these plugins are also supported in 4.x. To reinstall the plugins I need to install openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb via the web interface and then reinstall the related children plugins (omv-backup, snapraid, union file system)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

When upgrading from 2.x -> 3.x, removing the plugins was advised. The 3.x -> 4.x, it is only advised for plugins that don't exist on 4.x. With your list, you shouldn't have to remove anything. omv-extras and your plugins should get upgraded.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Upgrade went well, on 4.x now. Thanks for the help.

Good to hear :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!