[SOLVED] New Disk Not in Dropdown Lists for Selection

• I added a new 8TB disk to my OMV 4.1.6 server today to use as an additional SnapRAID parity drive but I am having a problem.

The steps I took to add the disk were as follows:

1) Shut down OMV
    2) Added the disk to the machine.
    3) Booted OMV
    4) Went to the OMV GUI | Storage | Disks and pressed the Scan Button, then saw the new disk appear in the list as /dev/sdg with g being the highest letter in the list.
    5) Went to Storage | File Systems and pressed the Create button. selected HGST HDN728080AL [/dev/sdg, 7.27 TiB] from the Device drop-down list (the only available item in the list), gave it a Label: dp2, and selected EXT4 for the File system, then pressed the OK button.
    6) Filesystem was successfully created, so I pressed the Close Button and then on the same page in the GUI I mounted the disk. Attached is a screenshot of this.
    7) Next in the GUI I went to Services | SnapRAID | Drives and pressed the Add button. Under Select a drive drop-down list, all previously existing drives are available for selection, but not the newly added drive.
    8)) I also tried to add a Shared folder under Access Rights Management but the newly added disk is not available in the Device drop-down list there either.
    9) Next I rebooted the machine, but still the problem remains. The newly added disk does not appear in any drop-down lists.
    10) In a shell I can navigate to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dp2 and can create files and directories on the disk. But it still will not appear in any drop-down list withinthe OMV GUI.

What am I doing wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

and also I remember supprt for labels was removed last week, maybe a bug was introduced.

That change was reverted - https://github.com/openmediava…9539a2dd15b4026313227368a

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The disk is there in conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint:

Code
    {"uuid": "7600de21-f23d-440b-883a-9a3ad542b12b", "type": "ext4", "hidden": false, "opts": "defaults,nofail,user_xattr,exec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl", "dir": "srv/dev-disk-by-label-dp2", "passno": 2, "freq": 0, "fsname": "/dev/disk/by-label/dp2"}]

But there seems to be a missing / before srv just after the "dir":

So, what I did was unmount the drive in the GUI and verified that it was gone in fstab, then mounted it again in the GUI. Looking in fstab again it looks like a bug as the / is missing there too (see line 6.)

Code
    UUID=41991950-4d12-4475-86b8-ba54ec09323b /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,a$
    UUID=01e83c5a-5688-4963-b671-0c7ee6d4652d /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d4 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,a$
    UUID=a6e6252d-5a8f-4e9b-88b3-46bef35b01a0 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d2 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,a$
    UUID=1237e230-7f7b-4d27-9a48-0ec0d7fd6d4e /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d3 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,a$
    UUID=60132171-b492-4dbe-afd7-f1a503fdc8e6 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dp1 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,$
    /dev/disk/by-label/dp2 srv/dev-disk-by-label-dp2 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,exec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

Edit:

I make the correction (added a / where needed) in the appropriate mtent section of config.xml and this seems to have solved it.

I will try adding another disk later and see if it was a fluke or a bug.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• This has been solved via input from Volker over on Github. Thanks!

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!