New Disk Not in Dropdown Lists for Selection

• I added a new 8TB disk to my OMV 4.1.6 server today to use as an additional SnapRAID parity drive but I am having a problem.

The steps I took to add the disk were as follows:

1) Shut down OMV
    2) Added the disk to the machine.
    3) Booted OMV
    4) Went to the OMV GUI | Storage | Disks and pressed the Scan Button, then saw the new disk appear in the list as /dev/sdg with g being the highest letter in the list.
    5) Went to Storage | File Systems and pressed the Create button. selected HGST HDN728080AL [/dev/sdg, 7.27 TiB] from the Device drop-down list (the only available item in the list), gave it a Label: dp2, and selected EXT4 for the File system, then pressed the OK button.
    6) Filesystem was successfully created, so I pressed the Close Button and then on the same page in the GUI I mounted the disk. Attached is a screenshot of this.
    7) Next in the GUI I went to Services | SnapRAID | Drives and pressed the Add button. Under Select a drive drop-down list, all previously existing drives are available for selection, but not the newly added drive.
    8)) I also tried to add a Shared folder under Access Rights Management but the newly added disk is not available in the Device drop-down list there either.
    9) Next I rebooted the machine, but still the problem remains. The newly added disk does not appear in any drop-down lists.
    10) In a shell I can navigate to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-dp2 and can create files and directories on the disk. But it still will not appear in any drop-down list withinthe OMV GUI.

What am I doing wrong?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!