Which plugins to keep

• I've read the information stating that plugins not available in 4.x needs to be uninstalled, but would appreciate if someone could confirm my selection. From what I can tell, my 3.x system has the following plugins (Y means available in 4.x, N means not available i 4.x, X = part of OMV-extras):

Y transmission
    Y minidlna
    Y plexmediaserver
    Y locate
    Y omv-extras

N couchpotato X
    N sonarr X

N forkeddaapd
    N shairport

Is it correct that the bottom four are not available in 4.x? Of those I can manage fine without 3 of 4, but will miss Couchpotato. Are the plugins not available in 4.x now (such as couchpotato) likely to become available in 4.x anytime soon? Or the frame the questions differently, will I be better off waiting a few weeks before I upgrade?

Also: I've got logitechmediaserver (Squeezebox) installed the usual debian-way (apt-get install). Is this likely to be an issue when upgrading?

• Don't wait for OMV 3.x plugins that have not been ported to OMV 4.x. Many will never be ported. The Downloaders section was particularly hard hit.

The general consensus seem to be that Dockers are going to replace plugins in many cases. So just go with Dockers.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Don't wait for OMV 3.x plugins that have not been ported to OMV 4.x. Many will never be ported. The Downloaders section was particularly hard hit.

The general consensus seem to be that Dockers are going to replace plugins in many cases. So just go with Dockers.

I did the upgrade on a reserve system and it appeared to work great. I'll upgrade my main system as well once I've done a little bit more testing.

I'm not yet familiar with Dockers, but I'll look into that.

• Also: I've got logitechmediaserver (Squeezebox) installed the usual debian-way (apt-get install). Is this likely to be an issue when upgrading?

It turns out that logitechmediaserver requires libio-socket-ssl-perl which apparently isn't in Debian 9 and I've not found an obvious way of installing libio-socket-ssl-perl. That's something I need to figure out before I upgrade my main system. I'd be grateful for suggestions of how I solve this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'd be grateful for suggestions of how I solve this.

Run logitechmediaserver in a docker.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It turns out Docker wasn't necessary. apt --fix-broken install solved my problem.

I started looking into Docker which is interesting but confusing. I've not been able to find a howto or guide which explains Docker in OMV from the basics. If there is such a guide, please point me to it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've not been able to find a howto or guide which explains Docker in OMV from the basics. If there is such a guide, please point me to it.

This should be helpful - OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!