Clean install openmediavault_3.0.36-i386 with following updates -> kernel panic with 3.16.0-6-686-pae and above

• I am trying to prepare a new system on a virtual machine (virtual box, 32-bit, 1 GB RAM) based on the 3.0.36. I assume, this is the most recent 32-bit Openmediavault-ISO available.

The initial setup runs smooth, however, updating this through the web-gui with all available updates, the underlying 3.16.0-4-686-pae is updated as well to 3.16.0-6.686-pae, which causes a kernel panic during reboot. The exit code is 0x0000000b, however I am not sure, if this helps a lot. By switching back to the initial kernel in the advanced options of grub, I can start the system as expected.

Any ideas? For the 2.x this approach of setting up a test bench used to work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume, this is the most recent 32-bit Openmediavault-ISO available.

You can always install Debian and then OMV on top of that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Of course, however I assumed the other way would be the more direct and easy approach.

In general I am confused, that an update within the Openmediavault-environment is actually breaking a running system and would have thought, that all packages updated within this environment are somehow harmonized.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assumed the other way would be the more direct and easy approach.

The 3.0.36 is an early release. So, I would actually think installing Debian would be better and less error prone.

In general I am confused, that an update within the Openmediavault-environment is actually breaking a running system and would have thought, that all packages updated within this environment are somehow harmonized.

OMV doesn't create the packages that are failing. Those are all Debian images. Generally Debian is very stable.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!