Installation Xu4 / HC2 Odroid

• There are some things that confuse me with the installation:

1. How do I update to OMV 4 after I have got ssh up to run on XU / HC1 ssh commands?

2. I have installed Odroid on my XU4 earlier where I had to log on to a TV screen with Ssh before I could access it from LAN (Ssh) is the problem solved compared to HC2 that no HDMI has?

3. I have read some places that if an SD card is larger than 14 gb one burns an etcher installation, an extra drive / partition will be created. How do I understand what did not make sense to me?

• I have just installed OMV on 2 x Odroid HC2 and upgraded to OMV4 with very few problems running completely headless from the start. Basically:

• Download the latest image and burn to SD card (it fits easily on 8GB).
    • Fire up OMV using that.
    • Find the IP address of the HC2 and login to OMV so you can allow root login from SSH (in SSH settings).
    • Login from SSH using default credentials (root/openmediavault).
    • omv-release-upgrade and leave it to run. It takes a while depending on various things.
    • If all OK so far, apply any upgrades (there were only a few).
    • Probably reboot about here.
    • Configure OMV on your HC2 how you like.

Does this help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. How do I update to OMV 4 after I have got ssh up to run on XU / HC1 ssh commands?

Either from the GUI or omv-update from CLI.

2. I have installed Odroid on my XU4 earlier where I had to log on to a TV screen with Ssh before I could access it from LAN (Ssh) is the problem solved compared to HC2 that no HDMI has?

Yes, worked for me without issues. You need to find the IP which has been assigned to your HC2. For example in the GUI of your router.

3. I have read some places that if an SD card is larger than 14 gb one burns an etcher installation, an extra drive / partition will be created. How do I understand what did not make sense to me?

My SD card is not that big. But this is how I understand it: OMV does not need the full space on the SD card if it is quite big. After the first boot of OMV and after the configuration of OMV has been completed you can create an additional file system on the empty space of the SD card.

• As i know, openmediavault upgrade/update automatically at first boot.

If this not happens, you can do it from the gui, so why use ssh?

No - the installation updates the current version OMV_3_0_92 during installation. You have to do the conversion to OMV4 yourself - which you can only do from SSH.

• Thanks for your reply :) - I have an emmc moudl from 16 gb odroid i want to use nand-sata-install to transfer the operating system from SD card to emmc module :) - But what format should I format the emmc module in? - Btrfs or what's best for such an Emmc?

• im desperate with my odroid h2 with omv4 and a nwe 2tb wd-red and win10. unfortunately the speed with smb or ftp is very slow (10mb/s).
    I have a vdsl router and the yellow led is also on h2 (lan). My win10 PC only has a realtek with 100/100 mb/s but that shouldn't be the problem.
    I would be very happy about suggestions and help

--->Edit: Sry this was the wrong thread

• Ok nice, after some changes on my network (router changed from 100 to 1000mb/s) and toogle "automatic cpu governor" it's much better now!
    I found some interesting info abaout our h1/2 & Xu4: odroid-xu4-with-openmediavault section cpu governor.
    Know i have around 70-85 mb/s.Unfortunatelly I can' t say exactly what the solution was. I did not execute the steps in the link.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!