Two Odroid HC2 Installed then upgraded to OMV4 but GUI looks different?

• This is really weird. I have 2 x Odroid HC2 and installed the current image and upgraded that to OMV4. Image saved and this was used to create the final SD cards for both HC2. So both started with a basic working OMV4 ready for customisation. However today I got on to configuring the second one and realised that it looked different to the first.

Dashboard - on system 1 the services are marked Enabled and Running with green spots, but on system 2 the Enabled column is blank and Running has the old look.
    Rsync Jobs - on system 1 there are green spots in the Enabled column, but on system 2 the Enabled column is blank.
    SMB/CIFS Shares - on system 1 there are green spots in the Enabled column, but on system 2 the Enabled column is blank.
    Network-->Interfaces - on system 1 the Ethernet interface is eth0, on system 2 it is enx001e06328f51.

Both systems are working absolutely fine apart from this. I suspect it is something obvious but can anyone help?

• As I had carefully documented what I did, I went back to the basic working OMV4 image and redid all the customisation. OMV looks fine now, except for the Ethernet port:

Network-->Interfaces - on system 1 the Ethernet interface is eth0, on system 2 it is still enx001e06328f51.

I think I will put this remaining problem on the Odroid forum. although everything appears to be working fine. No idea what went wrong first time around!

• As far as the difference in Ethernet port is concerned, this is due to a change to the use of "Predictable Network Interface Names". Not sure why they didn't both use eth0 or the new names, but that's a different question.

You can force the system to use either - the HC2 only has a single Ethernet port so I preferred to use eth0 format. You do this by providing a boot parameter, which used to be done in /boot/boot.ini, but if you look in there it says to make changed to /boot/armbianEnv.txt (which didn't exist yet in my case). After some help on the various forums, I determined that I needed to add this line:

extraargs=net.ifnames=0

Rebooted - and first time it had gone back to using DHCP so I had to login to delete the old adapter, add it again as eth0 then reboot. I put the same change on the other one to be consistent. Obviously I could have done it the other way around and set both of them to 1 to use the new names.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!