Moving dtata from one drive to another

• Afternoon all,

have my N40L with OMV 0.4 running very nicely, thanks to all for all the help and support!

I had filled a 1TB disk with movies, so I've stuck a 2TB in and did an rsync copy last night of the movies folder to the new drive, copying over acl and permissions.
    What's the score now in redirecting CP & Plex to the new drive? Will it have to rebuild the library again?

I had a bunch of other questions rattling around in my head but sat here now I can't think of any of them!!!!

Thanks again,

• I think you have to rebuild your library, because of the new filepaths.

I think rebuilding is faster than trying to correct the filepaths ...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Once the movies folder has been copied to the new drive you can erase the movies from the old drive but still use that share for plex. Create a symbolic link to the from the new folder on the new drive to the shared folder on the old drive. Or are you taking out the old drive? Give me your paths to both folders and I'll explain more. This is what I do with my multiple drives and it works great with plex.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!