Can't delete aquota.user and aquota.group

• Recently I upgraded my raspberry Pi with the OMV 4.0. After mounting the disks, I was changing the permissions of the users I got this error

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; chown --recursive root:users '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-bt' 2>&1': chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-bt/aquota.user': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-bt/aquota.group': Operation not permitted in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:934
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatuswH...', '/tmp/bgoutput04...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(999): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure), NULL, Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

I tried to get the permissions right with both files aquota.user and aquota.group in the rotted terminal with the commands

sudo chmod g-s aquota.group
    chmod: changing permissions of 'aquota.group': Operation not permitted

sudo chattr -i aquota.user
    Operation not permitted while setting flags on aquota.user

I really don't want to wipe the drives because that will take a lot of time.

Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don’t try and change from the root of the drive. Use the folders below one by one.
    Another alternative is to disable and stop the quota service to make changes to those files.

• Don’t try and change from the root of the drive. Use the folders below one by one.
    Another alternative is to disable and stop the quota service to make changes to those files.

I was having trouble with Transmisson permissions now it is solved.
    Thank you

• Help! I am having the same issue. kinda... I am trying to install and share my Hard drive in Nextcloud on top of OMV and for this I need to open PuTTY and use the command "sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /srv/dev-disk-by-label-MiniNAS" To give Nextcloud permission to access the drive. But when I do I am given the error message.

chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-MiniNAS/aquota.group': Operation not permitted
    chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-MiniNAS/aquota.user': Opera tion not permitted

I tried deleting the aquota.group and aqota.user files in hopes that it will fix this issue but when i try to i am given this error message. :(

Permission denied.
    Error code: 3
    Error message from server: Permission denied

If anyone knows how to fix this Please help I am out of ideas.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!