How does OpenVPN work with OMV?

• Hello there,

I currently have a RPI 3 running OpenVPN so I can have a VPN Server.
    I used pivpn since it's simple and works perfectly.
    But there is a problem, the RPI is a bit slow as we all know and with TCP, I can get 50-70Mbps on download and upload and that's good enough for a good connection but I want more if I can have it.

I also want to create a NAS server so I bought an Odroid HC2 and a WD Red 2TB HDD (still waiting for it to arrive).

After some videos, I saw that OMV has plugins and OpenVPN is included and my question is if that OpenVPN plugins is the same as the one I'm running on my RPI and if it is, I think I should use it since it all stays in one device and I can use my RPI for other uses.

So, the question is how will OpenVPN on the Odroid work. Like pivpn or another way?
    Thanks!

• In fact does the OpenVPN plugin currently not work for OMV 4.
    There is imho no person who's maintaining this plugin since they don't need it.

Therefore you either install OMV 3, where OpenVPN works perfect or install OMV 4 and set a OpenVPN server up on your own.

The speed will be the same I guess and btw. 50-70 Mbps is really good if you think about the slow speed of the rpi 3 ethernet port..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!