Upgrading OMV 3->4 incl. OMV-extras

• Hello,

This weekend I would like to upgrade my HP microserver (RAID 5) running OMV 3 latest version to 4 newest version.

First, I backupped my system to an USB stick using the backup-plugin.

I am planning to login via SSH and executing the following commands:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    omv-release-upgrade
    omv-initsystem

Hope, this is the best way to go.

But, I am not sure how to handle my installed OMV-extras. To be honest, I do not really know what plugins I have installed via OMV-extras.
    How do I integrate the needed OMV-extras upgrade in my update-solution?

• Offizieller Beitrag

First, I backupped my system to an USB stick using the backup-plugin.

With the OMV 3.x version of the backup plugin, the restore is difficult. I would use clonezilla.

omv-release-upgrade

This is all you need if your system is up to date. If not, do an omv-update before omv-release-upgrade

I do not really know what plugins I have installed via OMV-extras

dpkg -l | grep openm will show you all of the plugins.

How do I integrate the needed OMV-extras upgrade in my update-solution?

It will update with OMV. There is nothing to integrate. The only problem comes from having 3.x plugins that don't have a 4.x equivalent.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Okay, thank you.

OMV is running on a SATA 500GB hd. Is clonezilla able to clone the drive to an 64 USB stick?
    The hd contains 2 logic partitons. OMV is on a 32 gb partiton.

Is there a way to find out the installed version 3 only non-updateable OMV plugins?

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is running on a SATA 500GB hd. Is clonezilla able to clone the drive to an 64 USB stick?

Depends on how well it compresses and how much is in use. Try it.

Is there a way to find out the installed version 3 only non-updateable OMV plugins?

Compare your list with the list on the omv-extras page - http://omv-extras.org

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• So on the OMV4-extras page all extras listed with a 3.x version won't work with OMV4?For example:

?(?(

No, that is not correct. Many OMV 4.x plugins are still at a 3.x version number.

What you need to do it make a list of your OMV 3.x plugins and see if there are corresponding OMV 4.x plugins. If there are you can leave the existing plugins installed. If there isn't they must be removed prior to upgrading.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If it is on the 4.x page, it works on 4.x. If a plugin on the 4.x page has a 3.x version, that means the plugin works on OMV 3.x and 4.x without modification.

• What you need to do it make a list of your OMV 3.x plugins and see if there are corresponding OMV 4.x plugins. If there are you can leave the existing plugins installed. If there isn't they must be removed prior to upgrading.

That was why I was looking in the first place ;)

It just confused me because of the versions.

Thanks for the explanation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!