downloader youtube-dl higher resolution

• Hi.

I have a question. I want to download some youtube videos. But I always just get the 720p resolution downloaded. But there are also 1080p and 1440p versions. With another program as downloader I am able to download these resolutions. But with youtube-dl in OMV I always just get the 720p version.

Is there a way how I can download higher resolutions?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way how I can download higher resolutions?

As you can see from this line, it is telling youtube-dl to download the best available video in the mp4 format (or webm). Are the higher resolution formats available in mp4?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi.

I think the problem is that youtube sets best quite often at 720p even if there is a higher quality.

So if you want to get the better quality in that case you have to put the option "-f 137+141" within youtube-dl. Question is how to solve that within OMV?

If you use youtube-dl from command line you can use just "-f" to get the above list and then you can use the values you need to download the higher resolution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So if you want to get the better quality in that case you have to put the option "-f 137+141" within youtube-dl. Question is how to solve that within OMV?

If you use youtube-dl from command line you can use just "-f" to get the above list and then you can use the values you need to download the higher resolution.

As you can tell, the higher quality video is video only. This requires muxing an audio stream with the video stream. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid due to higher system requirements. Also, when downloading multiple videos at same time or a playlist, not every video has the same options.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!