no DNS on OMV as a KVM/qemu host

• I am trying to get KVM/qemu VM's to work with my OMV box as a host. I am using Squeeze backports but I get two problems when i install KVM. The installatin of KVM/Qemu goes well and i can create VM's through virt-manager from my laptop.

The first problem is that my display on my amd e350 fusion based MB gets filled with black and white dots. The OMV/Debian host runs with no X installed or startet. I makes me insecure since there obvious must be something wrong since the console doesn't work any more. Is this serious?

My second problem (i experienced in Debian and Ubuntu but not KVM/VM's) is that I can't get DNS to work on the host. DNS works ons the guest. My /etc/network/interfaces is like this

I need som input on how to setup /etc/network/interfaces correct om my OMV/host server can get DNS from my router and the same for my guest VM's (Debian Wheezy).
    If I set my /etc/network/interfaces to a normal single server setup with either static or DHCP'ed network DNS for the OMV work fine - but the i have no bridge network for the guest VM's

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!