Folders and Sub Folders

• Hey guys

I have this problem that showed up lately. So if i take a movie file and just drop it into my drive it shows up on my TV just fine. But if i create a folder and then drop the movie file there nothing shows up on my TV. This started happening lately.

Any solutions?

• Are the permissions and ownership of the sub folder compatible with the TV app ?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Why would you assume anything? Why not just check?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• In the shell, use the following command to list both folders, one that works, and one that doesn't. Post the results.

ls -al full_path_to_folder

--

• im sorry but i really dont know what you just told me. I saw how to do this whole thing on youtube so i dont know much

Do you have a monitor and keyboard attached to your OMV system? Or do you have a separate Windows/Linux desktop that you use to access the web GUI?

• Separate windows pc

You'll want to install an application called "Putty" which will allow you to connect to your server via an SSH connection. This also means you need to create a user on your OMV server that is included in the SSH group. If this is still over your head, you may need to watch some YouTube videos. It's not very tricky, I just won't have the ability to take screenshots and walk you through it for a while, and these are definitely skills you'll need to manage your server moving forward.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!