Sabnzbd Plugin - Update OMV 4

• Hi,
    i would update my OMV to Version 4. But it seems there is no Updated Plugin for Sabnzbd.

Will the Plugin updated or will it become obsolete? Could not find any news about this.

And another Question. What will happen if i update my OMV from 3 to 4 and the Sabnzbd Plugin isn't updated. What will happen?
    - Will my OMV Update work, but Sabnzbd will not work
    - Will my OMV Update work and Sabnzbd will still work, but could not be managed out of OMV
    - Update won't work or it will break my OMV Installation

I hope someone could answer this to me :)

• Many OMV 3 and earlier plugins have not been ported to OMV 4, and they are likely to never be ported. Particularly hard hit were the plugins in the Downloaders section.

Upgrading in place from OMV 3 to OMV 4 requires first removing all plugins that have no OMV 4 equivalent. If you attempt the upgrade without first removing these, the upgrade is likely to fail.

The general consensus here in the forum is that if you need to run a program whose plugin was not ported to OMV 4, then use a docker. You could also attempt to install the program by hand, assuming you can find an appropriate repository or PPA and/or otherwise also have required dependencies satisfied. I do not recommend this though, use dockers, it's much easier.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• But hopefully this Plugin will be ported.

I'd say there is zero chance of that happening, as is the case with many others.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But hopefully this Plugin will be ported.

This great thread is why it won't be ported - OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more) - docker is a much better route to go than a simple enable plugin (which is what a lot of the unported plugins are).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron
    Thanks for the Link, found the same Thread yesterday on my searches about Docker :thumbup: A lot to read and understand the way it is used. But sounds like a very good alternative.

Came to the conclusion, i will install a new and empty OMV4 to my Server and using Docker instead of a lot Plugins. Now i have only to find the time to do this :saint:

So for me this topic is solved. Thank you both for the good hints!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!