noexec argument returns automatically

• I have manually edited my fstab file in a few different ways. Most of these changes are persistent, but it seems that one of my changes is automatically reverted (upon reboot, I assume). I have one non-system SSD and have chosen to remove the noexec argument, but I find that this option reasserts itself. Am I experiencing a bug, or is this working as intended? Either way, how do I prevent it?

• You can't manually edit /etc/fstab within the [openmediavault] stanzas and have the changes stick if what you are setting is a non-default value.

What you want to do is edit the /etc/default/openmediavault file and make the change in the appropriate OMV_FSTAB_MNTOPS environment variable, and then run:

omv-mkconf fstab

This will push the change into fstab and it will stick.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Changing the environment variable helps with new filesystems but you will need to change the mntent section of config.xml and then do omv-mkconf fstab to change existing filesystems.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

To avoid messing with database (wrong closing tags or chars) use omv-confdbadm

https://openmediavault.readthe…ml#omv-confdbadm-database

If you changed several lines in between the tags of fstab, then all of those lines will get rewritten (not just one line) but not on reboot, only certain events using the webui: adding, removing fs and adding or removing NFS shares.
    In your case only one line gets reverted so i don't know what's going on, maybe you left a script there at boot for writing those changes

• Thanks for the tips, gentlemen. @subzero79 - I actually don't have any scripts at the moment, this is a pretty fresh install of 4.x. The other changes I made were the ones for the flash memory plugin which have persisted. I wasn't even paying attention to what lines were within the tags. Thanks for your responses.

• If your rootfs was mounted noexec OMV couldn't run at all. You have other problems.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!